|Job Title:||Graduate Support Engineer - GSM/GSM-R (2G, 3G)|
|Contact Name:||Amanda Cager|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
This is a great graduate development opportunity working for a company close to Paddington that are a global systems integrator and a supplier of end-to-end telecommunications solutions for fixed and mobile network operators.
Alongside on the job training, you will receive a learning programme consisting of trainings which will give you all the skills needed to thrive in fast-paced high-tech company.
The role will be working within the Service Delivery Management team and is responsible for providing the technical skills to support our customers both onsite and remotely. On a day to day basis, the focus is on implementing solutions for customers as well as troubleshooting reported issues by the clients.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues raised by customer on Tetra, GSM-R Core / NSS and Access/BSS network. Taking ownership and seeing problems through to resolution.
- Interface with the customer to collect all information required to resolve the issue.
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Create and track/report/close trouble tickets opened during testing or maintenance.
- Communicate progress and technical solutions to the customer.
- Anticipate customer escalation and keep management abreast of the situation.
- Coordinate Integration and Acceptance (I&A) activities for projects with involvement of different departments and teams.
- Creation, definition and review of test plans with the customer.
- Execution of test cases with the customer or independent engineers at the customer location
- Participate in 24/7 support rotation.
- A degree in Telecommunications, Electronic/Electric engineering or Computer Science.
- Ideally be supplemented with work experience placements in addition to proven analytical, technical and proven problem-solving skills.
- Ideally knowledge on Tetra, GSM/GSM-R networks and related signalling/protocols, Unix/Linux, Databases and Cisco /IP networking would be an advantage.
- Full driving license.
For more information on the role please contact Amanda Cager - Amanda.email@example.com - 07796 302988
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.