|Job Title:||Governance & Change Lead|
|Contact Name:||Caroline Kennedy|
|Job Published:||4 months ago|
GOVERNANCE & CHANGE LEAD
6 MONTH CONTRACT
We have an exciting opportunity for a Governance & Change Lead to join our busy Team.
As a key member of the Governance & Planning team sitting in Network Technology Delivery, the role will act as a key focal point across key delivery teams in COO and other impacted parts of the company . The Governance & Change Lead will report to the Head of Governance & Planning and work closely with the direct reports in the team and the project and programme management teams supporting and driving change.
Success will be defined by working as part of the Governance & Planning function to define new and improved ways of working, implementing and embedding them. Critical to success will be ensuring alignment with process, tools and systems.
A key element to the role will be using the technical tools available to enhance and create processes to drive towards a best in class PMO delivery.
The Governance & Change Lead will be expected to champion change activities across the business and therefore the ability to bring people along the journey will be critical to the success of the individual, the Governance & Assurance function, as well as the COO organisation, in supporting its desire improved ways of working.
Key measures of success will be the support of defining and documenting our policies, processes, standards and ways of working and agreed such that we can measure our performance against them and continually look to review and improve.
Responsibilities of the Governance & Change Lead also include
- Provide clear leadership to drive continuous improvement in project delivery, governance and planning.
- Act as a conduit between Head of Governance & Planning, the direct reports and the Governance & Assurance team.
- Act as the champion for Governance & Assurance across the business.
- Set and embed Process Standards across all aspects of our programme and project lifecycle, including measure, review, and improve our standards to ensure fit for purpose.
- Collaboration with senior stakeholders within all functions to adopt and drive the necessary changes to ways of working and our internal processes.
- Lead the implementation of process improvement, leading and steering team and project meetings, building and maintaining effective team relationships, monitoring progress and resolving barriers to improve processes and create efficiencies.
- Accountable for the enhancement and improvement of all available tools within the PMO application suite (MS Office, PowerBI, Advanced Excel, Jira)
- Build and enhance the capability of others through role modelling, training and coaching.
- Foster a collaborative working environment with functional areas and share best practices across the organisation.
- Provide expertise to the business on current ways of working and best practice, sharing knowledge and expertise with other members of the team.
- Governance of Programme Office and local Governance & Assurance processes to ensure compliance to company standards, including creating & maintaining our knowledge base.
- Aligning all process with the wider business processes to ensure collaboration across company.
The successful Governance & Change Lead will have:
- Demonstrable experience of change delivery within a continuous improvement role.
- Depth of experience in shaping, driving and managing change from initiation to completion.
- Process writing - visio processes, process documentation, training documentation.
- Intermediate to advance experience on PMO tooling (Sharepoint, Teams, MS Office, Excel, PowerBI, Jira)
- 5+ years' experience of working within a Programme or Project management function (preferably within the Telco or IT sector but not essential).
- An ability to influence and solicit buy-in from a wide range of business stakeholders.
- An ability to train, mentor, and coach individuals on the benefits of continuous improvement and process management.
- Tenacious, flexible, passionate, resilient and results driven with a persuasive personality.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and able to demonstrate ability to drive cross-functional continuous improvement in areas outside immediate control or influence.
To apply for the Governance & Change Lead please send your CV to email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Hampshire, England
Service Architect - Telecoms
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Project Manager (ServiceNow/SNOW)
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
TECHNICAL SPECIALIST (CA ITCM /OPSVIEW) - REMOTE - CONTRACT
Location: Telford, Shropshire