This role presents an exciting opportunity to join the Technology side of the Marketing team. As a Senior Front End Developer you will be responsible for developing, updating, and maintaining front end solutions for web properties. This includes the Company's main website plus client portal sites.
Working closely with the UX Designer, Website Designer, and alongside Back End Developers, the Senior Front End Developer will be responsible for delivering high quality, efficient code which conforms to modern web standards.
A great working environment is available with flexible working and great benefits.
Key responsibilities include:
Project Management and workflow
- Discuss and agree with the Web Development Manager (and any project stakeholders) the scope of each project/task
- Responsibility for delivering projects to agreed specification and deadlines
- Ensure smooth running of each project by contributing to regular catch-up meetings with the UX Designer, Website Designer and development team
- Keep track of progress and ensure deadlines are met
- Follow agile best practices using a sprint approach
Design and development
- Planning at the outset of each project to agree timescales and deliverables
- Responsibility for the adherence to agreed web standards and best practice
- Ensure that the projects we produce work on the agreed devices and agreed browser versions
- Ensure that user acceptance testing is carried out and any changes from feedback are implemented
- Responsibility for client-side website performance using tools such as Lighthouse
- Ensure the site is technically optimised
- Extensive experience of front end development
- Experience of AMP HTML implementation and front end website performance optimisation using tools such as Lighthouse
- Experience of setting and coding to front end development standards, CMS and building large scale web solutions
- Experience or knowledge of version control systems (preferably GIT) and team workflows
- Keen interest in the latest front end development techniques and frameworks
- High level of attention to detail and a passion for delivering outstanding work considering accessibility, usability, performance and creating the overall end user experience
- Have a passion for self-development and to proactively improve knowledge and learn from experiences
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills across multiple stakeholder groups
For finer details on the role please contact Amanda Cager - Amanda.email@example.com - 07796 302988.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Fullstack .Net Developer
Location: Theale, Berkshire
Fullstack Developer - C#, .Net core, Azure
Location: Theale, Berkshire
Project Manager (End User Computing)