Location - Remote working - Very infrequent travel to Oxfordshire
You will be responsible for developing, updating, and maintaining front end solutions for our client's web properties. This includes the Company's main website plus client portal sites.
Working closely with the UX Designer, Website Designer, and alongside Back End Developers, you will be responsible for delivering high quality, efficient code which conforms to modern web standards.
Project Management and workflow
- Discuss and agree with the Web Development Manager (and any project stakeholders) the scope of each project/task
- Responsibility for delivering projects to agreed specification and deadlines
- Ensure smooth running of each project by contributing to regular catch-up meetings with the UX Designer, Website Designer and development team
- Keep track of progress and ensure deadlines are met
- Follow agile best practices using a sprint approach
Design and development
- Planning at the outset of each project to agree timescales and deliverables
- Responsibility for the adherence to agreed web standards and best practice
- Ensure that the projects we produce work on the agreed devices and agreed browser versions
- Ensure that user acceptance testing is carried out and any changes from feedback are implemented
- Responsibility for client-side website performance using tools such as Lighthouse
- Ensure the site is technically optimised
- Make suggestions as to how the websites can be improved functionally and technically
- Ensure that the user experience design is implemented as per the agreed wireframes to achieve website goals
Background & Experience
- Extensive experience of front end web development
- Experience of setting and coding to front end development standards
- Experience of CMS and building large scale web solutions
- Experience or knowledge of version control systems (preferably GIT) and team workflows
- Organised and structured in your work.
- Confident communicator, who is resilient to pressure, whilst remaining calm and clear-minded
- Keen interest in the latest front end development techniques and frameworks
- High level of attention to detail and a passion for delivering outstanding work considering accessibility, usability, performance and creating the overall end user experience
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.