We are looking for a great Financial Accountant to join our client's expanding Head Office Team, with one the world's leading Mobile Telecoms Service Providers. The role is placed within the company's Finance Directorate, within the Financial Accounting and Reporting Team. You'll be part of a vibrant, agile team at the forefront of Mobile Telecoms and IT Technology.
New state-of-the-art 5-star Offices, flexible working with collaborative IT are just a few of the perks on offer, on top of a competitive salary and exciting work… what more could you want?
- Work with the Finance Managers to carry out routine month end and year end accounting and reporting activities.
- Provide technical knowledge and support and help with professional development of more junior members of the finance team.
- Supporting to ensuring adequacy of financial controls and procedures affecting the finance operations (payables, receivables, sub-ledger accounting, intercompany balances and general financial reporting compliance).
- Ensuring compliance with HMRC VAT and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Liaising with Shareholders regarding any GAAP changes and conversion.
- Assisting with producing monthly management accounts information and analysis for internal customers, management and shareholders.
- Providing support in the preparation of yearend financial statements and liaising with external auditors.
- Identifying and driving improvement required to financial reporting, forecasting and financial controls.
- Assisting with the maintenance of balance of cash funding from Shareholders within the joint venture and lead any settlement discussion in case of disputes.
- Leading the finance internal control steering committee with shareholders and maintaining the internal control matrix.
Skills & Experience:
- A qualified chartered accountant, ideally a fully qualified ACA/ACCA
- Strong Excel ability
- Experience of financial control process and systems
- Experience of dealing with end to end accounting processes
- Experience of VAT and Corporate tax
- Familiarity with the latest Accounting and Reporting Standards
- Good knowledge of various accounting software packages
- Excellent attention to detail
- Initiative and pro-active "can-do" attitude
- Resourcefulness, a strong communicator, an effective prioritiser and ambitious - self-motivated, willing to learn and develop
So if you relish the prospect of owning your career development in a flexible, fast-paced, and challenging environment please send your CV to Bhavna.firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.