Our client, a leading telecoms organisation are currently recruiting for a Finance Analyst to join their existing team to support the Technology and Operations business areas.
You will provide effective and timely financial support, including insightful analysis on key Capex and Opex spend, monthly reporting, budgeting and forecasting, project support and decision support to key internal and external stakeholders. The role will also assist the Capex finance manager with various analysis and stake-holder support.
Additionally you will provide key contributions to ensure the Capex and Opex forecast is achieved and monthly spend variances clearly articulated. Stakeholder management support is key to the success in the role, and the ideal candidate will draw upon their relationship skills and financial interpretation and presentation skills, to provide guidance and insight to the respective finance managers, programme business teams, and senior decision makers.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a pro-active and delivery focused attitude, together with great attention to detail and taking pride in delivering accurate, clear and consistent outputs. A flexible approach and strong interpersonal skills are essential.
The role will involve:
- Supporting business decisions by delivering budgets and forecasts, tracking of actual spend and variance analysis vs forecasts.
- Building and maintaining key relationships including commercial Finance, technology business teams, central finance, procurement.
- Assisting Finance Managers to provide accurate and relevant reporting where required for Opex and Capex
- Assist with month end process, including responsibility for journal adjustments to the opex general ledger (accruals and prepayments), key variance analysis, headcount reporting, production of detailed variance commentary and production of cost centre management packs.
- Assisting Finance Managers in completing month end and forecast packs for review and central consolidation
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliation and monitoring including debtor/creditor accounts.
- Ad-hoc cross functional project support to achieve company plan targets, where required
The preferred candidate will have:
- CIMA, ACCA or ACA finalist or recently qualified.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of accountability and desire to drive improvements
- Experience of building relationships with teams outside of the finance function.
- Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills.
- Strong MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Proven analytical skills, showing ability to improve accuracy & efficiency.
- Ability to operate in a demand led, rapid change environment.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Reward Analyst / Compensation Analyst
Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive day rate
Network Analyst - DV Cleared
Location: London, England
Project Change Analyst (Transformation, Contract, Start ASAP)
Location: Berkshire, England
Salary: Attractive Day Rate
Change Analyst - Berkshire - Contract
Location: Berkshire, England