Fibre (FTTx) Civils / Fibre Construction Supervisor (NRSWA Supervisor Level)
6-12 Month Contract - Margate
I am currently recruiting on behalf of a leading communications company for an experienced FTTx Civils / Construction Supervisor (certified NRSWA Supervisor level). You will be working remotely covering sites around the Margate area, with regular travel to HQ in Surrey.
As Fibre Civils Supervisor you will be responsible for line managing the civils/cabling/splicing teams plus any 3rd party sub-contractors, ensuring OHS/construction/build quality/productivity and efficiency targets are being met and liaise with local authorities and residents as appropriate to ensure compliance with local requirements prior to construction.
As part of your role you will be required to attend meetings with local authorities or on site, and to provide technical expertise / be SPOC on all aspects of fibre build and construction (including all civils, cabling and splicing/testing activities, plus all documentation).
You will take responsibility for client's teams and 3rd party contractors on site to construct high quality FTTX and B2B fibre networks, including site inductions, work schedules and ongoing project communication such as took box talks, stand down meetings and OHS requirements.
- Detailed experience of UK fixed and cable operator network build guidelines and ways of working, including GPON, FTTX and HFC networks
- In-depth knowledge of the NRSWA and various codes of practice
- Accredited to NRSWA Supervisor level
- Trained to Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) level
- In-depth knowledge of HSG47
- Network build experience - civils
- Extensive experience with civil engineering and telecoms deployment including Detailed Design and As-Built Engineering
- Extensive experience conducting quality control of fibre engineering build/construction
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to gain confidence with the customer
- Excellent communication skills
If you have the required experience and would be interested in hearing more about this opportunity please submit your CV on line or email Salome direct on - salome.maybanks @ projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.