|Job Title:||External Communications Specialist|
|Duration:||3 months rollin|
|Contact Name:||Caroline Kennedy|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
External Communications Specialist
I have an exciting opportunity to work as an External Communications Specialist for a telecoms company based in Reading.
The External Communications Specialist will be involved in the management of our press office and in our CSR campaigns including our recently announced partnership with Samaritans and as we have significantly expanded its digital communications output, experience delivering content across different channels is desirable.
The External Communications Specialist report directly to the Senior Internal Comms Manager and you will work closely with the wider communications team, CEOs office, consumer PR, marketing, technology and people teams. This is a generalist role, and you will be part of a pool of comms specialists with the workload allocated on experience and interest across internal, external and CSR communications.
The role will work with key stakeholders right across the business to provide clear and timely messaging that supports our company priorities in a simple and engaging way for our internal and external audiences.
Responsibilities of the External Communications Specialist include:
- Delivers own small-scale or medium-scale projects by working within an established program management plan.
- Manage relationships with important internal / external / CSR stakeholders, while taking guidance from senior colleagues.
- Tracks budgets and brings variances to the attention of senior colleagues while working within established budgeting systems.
- Writes and edits materials for a variety of target populations, tailoring the tone and content to match the needs and expectations of each audience.
- Develops and/or delivers a plan for significant aspects of internal or external communications with guidance from senior colleagues.
The successful External Communications Specialist will have:
- 3+ years' experience of communications within an internal or external communications team
- Proven track record in devising and implementing communications programmes
- Knowledge of the UK media landscape
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively
- Excellent communication skills both spoken and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of content management systems
- Good understanding of digital technologies used in Internal Comms
- Awareness of audience perceptions and likely reactions (emotional responses, rules of engagement etc)
- Ability to articulate communications strategies with internal stakeholders
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Initiative, drive, enthusiasm and a team player
To apply for the External Communications Manager please send your CV to email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.