Great Permanent Position open for a Equipment Engineer with wide experience in semiconductor equipment and facilities to come on-board and work for a global multi national telecommunications company based in Ipswich. Competitive salary on offer as well as benefits
Part of the Facilities and Equipment Engineering team which, as a small unit, requires flexible cross boundary working. This team has the role of supporting the III-V production and product development teams in making their devices. The successful applicant will work with a small team of technicians and engineers within clean rooms, laboratories and service areas.
- Time served apprenticeship in an engineering discipline
- HNC/D in Engineering based subject
- Wide experience in semiconductor equipment and facilities;
- Proven track record of supporting a production line.
- Support the process equipment within the client's semiconductor processing facility to maintain optimum tool uptime and reduce un-expected tool outages.
- Carry out FMEA reviews and ensure spares/support and ppm are suitable and sufficient to support critical manufacturing equipment.
- Drive improvement though data analysis and report tool metrics to highlight significant issues when necessary.
- Use experience and knowledge fault find tools such as vacuum, mechanical and electronics
- Work with OEM suppliers to co-ordinate PPM and reactive work
- Work with process engineering team to plan, procure and assist with their drive to qualify new process equipment to meet the process capability and capacity requirements
- Work in accordance with the client's quality and safety policies;
- Any other adhoc duty as requested by the Facility Manager.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.