EPC Testing Engineer. 3Months+. Reading.
EPC Testing engineers required to work on customer site and be heavily involved with the Test Case Execution on a Mobile telecoms core network project.
Develop a clear understanding of the System/s under test, as well as programme personnel, methodologies and requirements.
- Execution of manual Test cases, ensuring accurate and structured logging of "Issues" (defects).
- Adherence to testing timelines, immediately flagging any potential deviation.
- Track and maintain compliance within project processes.
- Proactively report back into the test organisation and escalate where appropriate;
- Prepare & distribute regular status reports as required.
- To pro-actively participate at all times; always speaking up with experience based observations on test topics.
- Liaise with product/design/test team colleagues to ensure service products meet requirements;
- Participating in regular Progress Reviews and identifying risks, issues and lessons learned to the Engineering Manager and Test Manager;
- Work closely with the Test Lead and Test Team.
- Assist with the creation of Test Cases and identify associated pre-requisites, if needed
- A collaborative approach with in-house and external Programme personnel in troubleshooting / reproducing issues.
The successful candidates will illustrate:
- Overall/General knowledge of the Core Network (areas below). 5+ years of testing experience, comms/engineering focused, potentially within a major telecommunications project environment.
--> EPC, IMS, SDM (HLR/HSS/OneNDS/EIR/MNP), Messaging, OSS (NetAct), Security
- knowledge of interface between the nodes and their functionality
- MVNO, National Roaming and Charging testing is beneficial.
- Demonstrable understanding of industry standards and associated test types.
- In depth knowledge of each of the nodes is NOT essential, but a good foundation on core networks, versatility and willingness to learn
- Proven ability to multitask, work toward, and achieve concurrent project goals and thrive within pressured working situations; potentially with only minimal direct supervision, but always within a team environment.
- A strong understanding of the critically of customer relationships, delivery focus.
- A genuine, honest team-player, keen to succeed and make a difference within a complex, challenging and ground-breaking programme of work.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.