**A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered**
Leading Managed Services Provider in the Defence Sector requires Engineering Manager to join their successful Practice.
As the post holder, you will be responsible for the on-site Technical management of key 3rd and 4th Line Support teams of circa 10 people in a secure environment (the teams are a mixture of architects, integrators and technical support staff). Reporting into the SDM and liaising with the Solution Owner, Security Assurance Manager, Project Managers and other team leads, as required. The ley elements of the role are to ensure all technical support activities (patching, fixes and changes) are carried out in accordance with local engineering process and procedures. The post hold will also manage the spread of knowledge within the team and organising the team's availability, to ensure a sufficient and consistent level of technical support is available when needed.
- Demonstrable experience of team leadership and people management skills.
- Extensive experience of prioritising, coordinating and delegating tasks.
- An understanding of the high level of engineering discipline and rigour required when delivering/supporting IT solutions in a highly secure environment.
- Sound appreciation of the technologies involved in the solution (particularly windows server and virtualised environments and some WAN awareness).
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff.
If you are interested please apply via this ad in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Uma.Nidhi@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Senior Project Manager (IT/Data/Migrations/Cloud)
Location: Reading, Berkshire
IT Project Manager
Location: Theale, Berkshire
PROJECT MANAGER CLOUD-PROPOSAL-BID (SoTF) - CONTRACT - REMOTE
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Developers - Rolling Contracts - Security Clearance
Location: Gloucestershire, England
Salary: £400 - £750 per day
Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland