DEVOPS ENGINEER - REMOTE- CONTRACT
Leading Managed Services Provider in the Defence Sector is looking to hire a DEVOPS Engineer to become part of a vibrant team focused on building platform as a part of the product.
**A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered**
Duration: 3 Months rolling contract
Responsibilities of the role:
- Work with Product Owner and other key Stakeholders to create project backlog
- Build platforms as part of a product
- Utilize modern automation technologies to ensure quality of delivery
- Problem solving technical issues
- Responsible for delivery to business, security and technical requirements
Your experience Essential
- DEVOPS tooling - Agile tooling (Jira), Collaboration (Confluence & MS Teams)
- 3+ years Developer experience
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- AWS DevOps Developer Associate
- Agile (SAFe and SCRUM)
System and Software Lifecycle engineering
- Elicits requirements for systems and software life cycle working practices and automation.
- Prepares design options for the working environment of methods, procedures, techniques,tools, and people.
- Selects systems and software life cycle working practices for software components and microservices.
- Deploys automation to achieve well-engineered and secure outcomes.
- Designs, codes, verifies, tests, documents, amends and refactors complex programs/scripts and integration software services.
- Contributes to the selection of the software development methods, tools and techniques.
- Applies agreed standards and tools to achieve well-engineered outcomes.
- Participates in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work.
Systems Integration and Build
- Provides technical expertise to enable the configuration of system components and equipment for systems testing.
- Collaborates with technical teams to develop and agree system integration plans and report on progress. Defines complex/new integration builds. Ensures that integration test environments are correctly configured.
- Designs, performs and reports results of tests of the integration build. Identifies and documents system integration components for recording in the configuration management system.
- Recommends and implements improvements to processes and tools.
- Selects appropriate testing approach, including manual and automated testing. * Develops and executes test plans and test cases. Implements scalable and reliable automated tests and frameworks. * Collaborates across parties involved in product, systems or service design and development to enable comprehensive test coverage. Identifies improvements in requirements, design or specification processes to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of testing. * Analyses and reports on test activities, results, issues and risks, including the work of others.
- Provides advice and guidance to support the adoption
of methods and tools and adherence to policies and standards. * Tailors processes in line with agreed standards and evaluation of methods and tools. * Reviews and improves usage and application of methods and tools. Release and
- Assesses and analyses release components for input to release scheduling. * Maintains and
administers tools and methods for software delivery, deployment and configuration. * Maintains release processes and procedures.
SFIA Generic Responsibilities for the Role: Autonomy - Level 4
- Works under general direction within a clear framework of accountability.
Please apply via this ad in the first instance or send a CV with covering note or contact me on 07587743762 or Balla@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
AZURE SUPPORT TECHNICIAN - CONTRACT - REMOTE
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
iOS Software Engineer
Location: Salford, Greater Manchester
Salary: Up to £58000 per annum