|Job Title:||DevOps Engineer - Linux, Cloud, AWS, Azure|
|Location:||South East England, England|
|Contact Name:||Amanda Cager|
|Job Published:||4 months ago|
Great opportunity for a DevOps Engineer, working for a company that has the first analytics and AI solution exclusively designed for the mobile network industry, that provides real-time tower insights and boosts tower performance, reducing costs, carbon emissions, and wastage. This is an exciting time to join the organisation as they look to build out their ambitious analytics and intelligence platform, accelerate their growth, and establish being the market leader in this field.
They use AI, IoT, and other cutting-edge technologies to collect and analyse huge amounts of data about mobile network sites, their components, and their power usage.
The role is fully remote working with fortnightly/monthly get together's and great benefits on offer which includes share options and a bonus scheme. This company are flexible with work and family always comes first and they aim for continuous learning and improvement and support the professional development of their team in whatever ways work best.
What the role will be doing
We're looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to help build a modern, best practice, robust and automated distributed cloud architecture. You'll be involved in defining infrastructure and observability standards and frameworks, implementing their cloud infrastructure strategy, and ensuring their systems are robust, resilient, and redundant. They have stringent SLA requirements that mean availability is key, and you'll have the opportunity to bring your opinions and best practices into the company and set standards. They deal with large amounts of data and integrate with a variety of systems and hardware - at the site level on the network, to the platforms used in global enterprises. They straddle AWS and IBM cloud, but specific experience is not required.
Below are some examples of projects you'll have the opportunity to tackle:
- A full-stack sophisticated analytics platform for tower time-series data with high scale requirements (some of the clients have hundreds of thousands of towers)
- Designing and building operational infrastructure to support deployment of platforms on client networks
- Incorporating extreme weather and storm predictions into the platform
- Modelling physical hardware virtually to create virtual test-beds
- Supporting new statistical/ML approaches to meeting customer needs
- Integrating with client systems, both legacy and modern
- Building their observability platform for monitoring and troubleshooting the product infrastructure
- Implement CI/CD pipeline and developer automations to support high velocity development
- Collaborate with business analysts and software engineers to help refine requirements and design the technical architecture
- Define and set development, test, release, update, and support processes for operations
- Encourage and build automated processes wherever possible and migrate the platform to infrastructure-as-code
- Monitor and troubleshoot cloud services, analyse existing services and give recommendations for enhancing performance and robustness
- Ensure that best-practices security is adhered to across the stack
- Keep abreast of advances in devops technology and thinking and ensure our devops practices remain cutting-edge
Broadly, you should have:
- Experience in DevOps roles and experience with Linux and cloud architectures
- Experience configuring and managing databases such as Postgres (DB2 is also a plus)
- Experience with devops automation, CI/CD, and monitoring tools and platforms
- Awareness of critical devops and agile principles
- Familiarity with containerisation technologies
- Experience with infrastructure scripting / infrastructure as code technologies
For finer details on the role please contact Amanda Cager - Amanda.email@example.com - 07796 302988.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Fullstack Developer - C#, .Net core, Azure
Location: Theale, Berkshire
Application Support Engineer (security clearance required)
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Fullstack .Net Developer
Location: Theale, Berkshire