|Job Title:||DevOps Engineer|
|Location:||Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire|
|Salary:||Competitive Salary & Excellent benefits package|
|Contact Name:||Salome Maybanks|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
A new permanent opportunity has arisen working for a leading Communications company based in Hemel Hempstead as a DevOps Engineer. You will be working on a new Wi-Fi venture for my client, offering an online platform/portal where customers/business users can manage their service online and even identify faults. Your role as DevOps Engineer will be to support this new platform through continuous monitoring, problem solving, fault finding and performance enhancements!
As DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Supporting and troubleshooting the complex micro-service based environment (Haproxy, Nginx, loadbalancing)
- Improve monitoring and performance measurement tools (Stackdriver, Solarwinds, New relic etc)
- Create, build and deploy automation and orchestration tools in various scripting languages (Ruby, Bash, Python or Perl)
- Problem solving and incident mitigation
- Proactive approach to monitoring of the platform (resilience, capacity, performance, repeatability, security, scalability, alerting etc.)
- Create a release automation pipeline from development through to live using Git, Jenkins, Ansible and Chef
Skills & Experience Required:
- Deep experience in the Tech stack - Linux, Google Cloud Platform, SDK, Puppet, Shell/Bash, Ruby/Python, Web Servers, Logstash/Kibana/ELK
- Networking, security and encryption (TCP/IP, Loadbalancing, DNS, Firewalls, SSL/TLS, CSOC protective monitoring technologies)
- Databases - Percona, Mongo, Elastic Search or alternative
- Continuous integration for developing applications (Jenkins, GIT, Nexus, Artifactory etc)
- Working knowledge of Linux internals with experience in system administration including config, troubleshooting and engineering solutions
- Hands on experience of performing tuning of Linux OS (CentOS) and identifying bottlenecks such as disk I/O, memory, CPU, network issues etc.
- Ability to analyse network behaviour, performance and application issues using standard tools
- A passion for automation and a clear capacity to adopt a Developers mentality in a busy, pressurised (but fun) operations environment
If this sounds like you and would like the opportunity to work on a new platform then please submit your CV on line or email direct to Salome.Maybanks@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.