The DevOps Engineer has a key role in the end-to-end product delivery to strategically add value at scale to the
organisation through automation, continuous Integration and shorter delivery cycles. The role needs to break down
operational silos between application development, release management, and operations teams, allowing for easier
collaboration and sharing of resources.
The role accelerates our change cycle in order to ensure suitable cloud data products are delivered In line with
business and platform needs. The individual will be able to rapidly understand business functions and processes,
should have good communication, stakeholder management skills and, should be organized and able to manage
multiple requirements in parallel.
- Responsible for DevOps strategy and automation pipelines implementation to deliver our Azure Data Platform
* Build, continuously scale and improve our infrastructure, data products and pipelines for performance & cost
* Design, implement and monitor of our CI/CD pipelines covering infrastructure, code build and deployment
* Collaborate with Product Heads/Leads for solution support, analysis, infrastructure and data remediation
* Drive the design, development, testing and deployment of data product solutions in rapid delivery cycles
* Work collaboratively across Product, Platform and Innovation teams to deliver effective automation solutions
* Work closely with the wider Technology team for efficient and effective security and networking solutions
* Input into planning, estimation and prioritisation within an agile framework to fulfil the product backlog
* Provide relevant documentation for and outputs to internal processes and designs
* Provide a flex capability to the data engineering development backlog at peak periods of demand
* Mentoring and development of junior team members as we expand our DevOps capability of the company.
- 3+ years proven experience in automation with commercial knowledge of best engineering and data practices
* Azure DevOps, Terraform, Puppet/Ansible, Kubernetes and multi-cloud experience (Azure, AWS, GCP) key
* Exposure to Cloud Data Warehouses and Data Lakes, Kafka, Snowflake, DBT; ML and AI extremely useful
* Excellent communication (verbal and written), stakeholder management and able to challenge the status-quo
* Familiar with Agile, Scrum, Kanban delivery approaches with prior experience in product-driven teams
* Experience working collaboratively with InfoSec, Networking, Infrastructure and Engineering teams useful
* Prior experience with automated testing and release management approaches of particular Interest.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Location: London, England
Deskside Engineer (Dublin)
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Application Security Lead
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: bonus, car allowance, pension
Location: Wakefield, West Yorkshire