|Job Title:||DevOps and Unix Engineer - Croydon - Contract|
|Salary:||£150000 - £160000 per annum + Excellent Benefits|
|REF:||FJS - 200002ZH_1583495835|
|Contact Name:||Patrick McNamara|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
DevOps and Unix Engineer - Croydon - Contract
This is a great opportunity for an experienced DevOps and Unix engineer, to join a growing, multi-skilled team supporting a range of customers with complex IT projects. You will be familiar with DevOps culture and with working in multi-skilled self-forming teams using Agile methodologies, having previously work in agile teams.
Your skills and knowledge will be used to instrumental for the installation of all Unix based infrastructure into the On-Prem and cloud solutions as well as configuring and optimising performance. You will also take responsibility for updating, troubleshooting and debugging hardware including making improvements to the current AD units On-Prem or to deployments in the cloud.
You will ideally possess the following background:
Mandatory - SC Clearance - ideally Home Office and already existing
- Developing and operating the infrastructure and software platforms for the data ingest and data science teams.
- Expertise in engineering bespoke big data applications
- Adoption of flexible production-grade infrastructure and platform deployment approaches including config management and software defined technology
- Coordination of discovery activities, evaluation and tool interoperability. This may include coordinating SMEs in a scrum team
- Storage solutions both On-Prem and in the Cloud including understanding cost efficiencies of both
- Agile methodologies, particularly working as part of a scrum team is essential
- DevOps culture, toolsets, technologies
- Ability to advise or make strategic suggestions for future platform technology, tooling, direction or strategy
- Excellent experience of AWS cloud platform, including migration strategies and approaches, microservices, docker, kubernetes and development, terraform, clouformation.
- Use of Confluence, Jira, Slack as collaboration tools and strong familiarity with CI/CD and testing tooling e.g Jenkins or selenium amongst others.
If this position looks like a good match for you, please apply. Alternatively you can contact Patrick McNamara at Project People Ltd to discuss the role in more detail on (0117) 9087000 or e-mail on: email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
DevOps Consultant- Security Cleared
Location: Croydon, London
Salary: Competitive Daily Rates
Enterprise Architect - Contract Role - Telford/Remote
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Oracle Projects Consultant - Contract Role - Remote working
Security Cleared - Data Layer Platform Engineer (DevOps)
Location: Croydon, London
Salary: Competitive Market Rates
Location: Remote, USA