Application service design/architecture experience is required, along with Android Studio, Apple Xcode, Java, Swift, VoLTE, IMS and LTE.
About the role:
The role reports to the Devices Design Manager.
The Devices and Applications team is accountable for all technical aspects relating to the variety of devices that connect to the network. This accountability extends to SIM cards and the application services that are being promoted. The team are part of the Network Solutions directorate which reports into the CTO.
This is a highly technical role with a strong customer focus, providing the leadership and technical competence to deliver excellent solutions. While there is likely to be limited hands on development, exceptional knowledge of applications development practices is required in order to make sure the optimal solution is designed to the highest quality.
What will the role involve:
- You will be a subject matter expert, responsible and accountable for introducing new application technologies. This will involve understanding the roadmap of principal technology partners, driving alignment of these with the network roadmap (and vice versa), managing technology trials, and transition to business as usual. A key element is making sure that the technical requirements are internally agreed, properly documented, and fully understood by all relevant internal teams and by our vendors.
- You will technically lead a dedicated project or investigation. Depending on the project, this may cover any or all of the aspects relating to the interaction of mobile devices from impact assessment through design, development, test, transfer to operations.
- Provide ongoing fourth line support for projects after transfer to operations.
- Manage effective internal communications, to Director level, ensuring that key stakeholders are engaged in planning and decision making, having regular updates with them, and managing their expectations.
- The role will be responsible for producing and maintaining technology roadmap documents and reference specifications for new mobile technology.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to other members of the team to share experience and increase resilience of knowledge.
- Contribute into cross-functional design and problem solving discussions on your projects.
- Play an active role in continuously improving the devices design process, and contribute to operational development activities of the Devices and Applications team.
- Responsible for aligning to the device design process, driving delivery through internal teams and external partners, achieving project objectives on time and to the specified cost and quality.
- Application service design and architecture.
- Working experience in developing applications using Android Studio.
- Working experience in developing applications using Apple Xcode.
- Working experience of mobile development languages (Java, Objective C, Swift etc.).
- Experience of applications publishing.
- Understanding of applications security.
- Mobile device design and architecture.
- Technical understanding of LTE & IMS.
If you are interested in the position please send your CV or contact Amanda Cager on 01189 285550 - Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.