Great role working for a company undertaking a major business transformation, underpinned by significant investment in Technology, and the role represents an exciting opportunity to join the Technology team. The position also has great benefits on offer. This is an opportunity for a Developer progress into a Solutions design/architecture role.
What the role will be doing:
- Assisting with the overall Enterprise Architecture into solution specific architecture definitions and designs, thereby allowing the Enterprise Architecture vision to be realised
- Solution architecture deliverables will span across Applications, Integration, Data and Infrastructure
- Be part of the governance and review process assisting colleagues by creating/providing policies and patterns which will help inform the design and development processes
- Be part of designing and ensuring the strategic roadmap and all architectural standards for the organisation
- The role uses the overall Enterprise Architecture approach together with technology trends/direction, industry insight and business understanding to create solution approaches, architecture definitions and solution designs
What the role will involve:
- Assist in developing the Technology Strategy by developing roadmaps, diagrams and artefacts that feed into the overall strategy
- Input into and adoption of architectural policies, patterns and standards for all architectural domains: Business, Information, Integration, Application and Infrastructure
- Maintain applicable Architecture Building Blocks and catalogues and ensure that other appropriate parties are updating and maintaining the documentation
- Input and use of appropriate templates for teams to document their designs in a consistent fashion and ensuring that knowledge sharing is performed
- Create solution roadmaps and work with the business to define and agree implementation approaches for these roadmaps
- Assist in strategic planning and budgeting where applicable to the Technology Strategy
- Create conceptual, logical design and physical designs for projects and review the realisation of these by development teams
- Work with information security architect and other technical specialists to incorporate all domains and technical aspects into designs and solution roadmaps
- Raise appropriate risks and maintain technical debt register which are regularly reviewed by TDA
Vendor, partner and contract management
- Assist the Enterprise Architect with technical due diligence on new technology contracts
- Assist in reviewing existing supplier offerings and where they fit on the strategic roadmaps
What we are looking for:
- Development experience of the Microsoft stack such as .NET, C# or Azure would be desirable but other languages can also be considered such as Java and C++.
- Development experience across business applications
- Proven track record of delivery and working across various technology domains
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Commercial understanding and a track record of technology change delivery
- A strategic solution mindset with an up-to-date knowledge of technology and a track record of successful delivery
- Good understanding of applying security by design principles and patterns
- A clear communicator who is comfortable with a variety of audiences and situations
- Focused on realising business value through technology
For finer details on the role please contact Amanda Cager - Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org - 07796 302988.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.