Lead Developer (PHP or Node.js)
Permanent Opportunity - Competitive Salary
Lead Developer - This is an excellent opportunity for a Developer with 1year+ experience in either PHP or Node.js and application development, who is looking to step up into a Lead Developer position. Join this market leading Broadband/Wifi company on a permanent basis, this is an exciting opportunity offering excellent career progression and the opportunity to work on new products!
As Lead Developer you will be working within the Application Dev team, and be responsible for:
- Write clean, well-structured and maintainable code with automated test coverage and corresponding documentation.
- Organise and facilitate daily stand-up and other scrum meetings to monitor project progress and resolve any issues the team may be experiencing
- Ensure that all work follows approved methods and standards and conforms to agreed quality, is maintained under version control & configuration management including conducting code review, automated unit & integration testing and technical documentation.
- Be first point of contact within the team for any defects found as a result of testing, or in live ensuring swift resolution including out-of hours incident and deployment support
- Represent the development team at release planning, defect triage, retrospectives etc.
- Liaise with product owners, designers, architects, developers and testers to clarify requirements and contribute to design and direction of new products and features.
- Participate in impact analysis, and performance analysis and tuning
- Work on improvements in development approach and toolset including static code analysis tools, continuous delivery pipeline, testing frameworks and infrastructure scripts. Lead the development of methods and standards.
What we are looking for:
- Recent practical software development experience, including design, program build, testing/debugging and implementation of multi-user business applications using a relational database system
- Recent knowledge and experience of developing in a PHP framework, ideally using MVC patterns and JQuery
- Ability to work from design specifications and follow programming standards
- Understanding of program flow and logic & OO design concepts
- Experience with Scrum and Kanban methodologies
- Theory and practice of quality control and assurance in relation to programming and design
- Expertise with an application lifecycle management tool e.g. Jira and version control e.g. Git.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Systematic, logical approach to design and construction
- Can provide clear, accurate and appropriate written documentation
- Productive, with a can-do attitude
- Ability to meet deadlines whilst staying focused and keeping close attention to detail
- Ability to translate complex technical issues into business language
- Good influencing and negotiation skills, able to manage expectations
- Organisation and planning skills to manage own work within constraints of team and project
- Ability to work collaboratively but also act on own initiative
- Keenness to learn new programming and technical skills
- Interested in appropriate use of technology to solve business problems
The following would be a bonus:
- Laravel and/or Lumen application development frameworks
- ReactJS and/or Angular
- MYSQL, BigQuery
- Implementing solutions on premise or in cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Java and/or Python
- Kubernetes and/or terraform
- Development of mobile applications
- Linux, Apache, NGINX, Tomcat
- Continuous delivery and DevOps tools and practices
- Team leadership, mentoring and/or coaching
- Understanding and awareness of IT industry standards
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.