|Job Title:||Desktop/Deskside Team Lead|
|Contact Name:||Alice Davis|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
Deskside/DesktopTeam Lead is urgently required by our Global IT Services Client for a rolling 6-month contract to be based in Southampton.
Reporting to the Deskside Manager you will be required to assist in the management of the Deskside team to ensure the smooth running of the project using the following criteria as guidance.
The Deskside site team will be expected respond to User Calls at the main site and any of the other sites within the area you support.
You will need to demonstrate
- Being Security minded
- Good verbal and written communications.
- Create and maintain processes and work instructions as required
- You are able to function efficiently alone but also fit into a well-motivated and experienced team.
- You are willing to move between sites to assist with staff shortages and in times of crisis management
- You plan staffing schedules such that there is always cover available to deal with all calls within the contractual SLA's.
- You ensure that all call stacks for your sites are monitored at all times including lunch breaks.
- You act as first point of escalation when advised calls are in danger of going over contractual target and escalate to Deskside Manager if necessary
- You flag to the Deskside Manager any areas where targets are in danger of not being met.
- That all potential issues and problems are clearly communicated to theDeskside Manager so he is aware of what is going on at all times.
- Service Issues
- Resource Issues
- Performance Issues
- You allocate workload to team members to ensure that all contractual targets are met, re-prioritising as necessary
- That all TfS updates are completed in a timely fashion and meet the required guidelines and expectations.
- That the asset system is updated as per the contractual requirements and is accurate.
- That all goods are checked on receipt and placed in the store room labelled.
- That all faulty kit is returned for repair as quickly as possible.
- Your targets are met and that you have played your part in achieving any Team Targe
- All relevant administration is completed by the team - SST, sick certs, leave requests etc
- Identify and discuss areas for improvement with Team Manager
- Identify and discuss potential risks with Team Manager
You will also be expected to manage your time to ensure that any tasks you are asked to deal with are completed without affecting the Team Leader role. If there is any reason why this cannot happen then you will be expected to bring this to the Deskside Managers attention and to discuss solutions.
In the absence of the Deskside Manager you may be asked to deputise in that role and to deal with any issues relating that may arise.
As part of this you will be required to
- Ensure the |Deskside Manager is made aware of any decisions made affecting the Site through email or verbal communication.
- Ask for advise/guidance when needed from SDMs or other Team Leaders
- Attend meetings that the Deskside manager is invited to in their absence.
This is an urgent requirement; please apply as soon as possible if you would like to be considered.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
2nd line Support Engineer - Team Lead
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
VMware Technical Lead Architect
Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
Lead Deal Architect - Presales - Bids - Swords
Location: Swords, Dublin
Salary: Exceptional Benefits
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Network Architect - Juniper - Cisco - Security Cleared - Perm
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands