|Job Title:||Design Engineering Specialist - Mobile Telecoms|
|Contact Name:||Warren Moore|
|Job Published:||4 months ago|
Design Engineering Specialist
12 month FTC
Location - remote working - may be required to travel to Berkshire occasionally
Main Purpose of Role
The main purpose of the role is to define, manage and deliver ongoing assessment, and improvement of our client's design supplier performance. The assessment will be via various site design review and auditing programmes. Though continual communication and reporting (to internal and external stakeholders), the output of these programmes will aim to identify areas for improvement in design quality, process and guidance. Utilising excellent side design, communication and supplier management skills, this role will drive the strategy behind ensuring design suppliers provide industry leading site designs in terms of quality, efficiency and safety.
* define & evolve design assessment/audit scope and criteria
* drive innovation of auditing methods to create efficiencies.
* ensure assessments/audits align with Cornerstone and customer guidance and specification.
* review and approval of 3rd party audit findings
* assessment of in-flight designs and supporting design documentation.
* collaborate with Supply-Chain to appoint 3rd party suppliers through RFP process where required.
* manage 3rd party suppliers through audit programmes where required.
* ensure audit programmes are delivered to agreed schedules.
* liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure assessments/audit criteria target desired improvements.
* define assessment/audit output reporting content to best articulate relevant data and recommendations to stakeholders.
* conduct presentations to report findings/recommendations.
Health and Safety:
* ensure design assessments/audits include elements of risk assessment and control
* provide insight to internal and shareholder health and safety teams
* highlight any areas of potential risk to relevant parties.
Compliance & Security
To support and contribute actively to health and safety, environmental, business continuity and information security arrangements that meets our obligations to our customers
Experience (technical, managerial, industry)
* Considerable experience of mobile telecoms access network site design.
* Project management.
* Data analysis and reporting
* Supplier management
* Previous telecoms site design QA or auditing experience.
Skills / Knowledge
* Comprehensive knowledge of mobile telecoms infrastructure.
* Good understanding of CDM legislation.
* Intermediate knowledge of MS Office software.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Report writing
* Extensive knowledge of the Telefonica & Vodafone networks and their vendor radio equipment.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Senior M&E Infrastructure Design Engineer - Mobile Telecoms
Location: Berkshire, England
Tower Infrastructure/Energy Specialist - Field, Power, Telecoms
3rd Line RAN Support / Telecoms - must be based in Ireland
Location: Republic of Ireland
Tower Infrastructure/Energy Manager - Power, Telecoms, Field
Location: South East England, England
Acquisition Surveyor - RICS
Location: Berkshire, England