Leading defence industry IT Service Provider require a skilled Defect Manager on an ongoing contract basis.
Please note: A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered
The successful applicant will focus on managing the defects produced from both Infrastructure and Application testing through to Resolution.
As a Defect Manager, you will be required to learn and support all aspects of the Defect Process and offer guidance to the software development and operational teams as and when required.
Main responsibilities include:
- The management and control of all defects within the in-house development environments.
- To own and chair daily defect calls with lead Development, Test and Operational Teams, Customer and third parties and to provide clear minutes and actions.
- Definition, ownership and management of the Defect Process.
- Liaising with the Problem Management Team to ensure a clear and efficient interaction within overlapping processes, and to promote this with all customers.
- Ensuring all defects are entered correctly and controlled / managed as effectively as possible through their lifecycle.
- Maintaining absolute integrity of the defect database and ensuring a full audit trail for any changes made to defect status outside of the published defect process.
- Represent the regional position on defect status to both regional users and international staff on a regular basis.
- Creation of a Defect Dashboard for the status reporting on Defects and to drive those defects through to successful conclusion.
- Knowledge of Jira and reporting tools.
- Good practical knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel
- Demonstrable progress chasing and tracking Desirable Criteria:
- Time management and prioritisation skills
- A degree level qualification or equivalent experience
- Experience of Mercury Interactive Test Director/Quality Centre
- ITIL foundation
- ISEB/ISTQB foundation
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
2nd line 24x7 Network Engineer - Hampshire
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Location: Remote, Europe
Location: Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Information Security Manager