A Defect Manager is urgently required by our Global IT Services Company for a contract, to be based in Basingstoke. The role will focus on managing the defects produced from both Infrastructure and Application testing. The Defect Manager is the point of contact for all Defect status related queries and own The Defect Process. As a Defect Manager you will be required to learn and support all aspects of the Defect Process and offer guidance to the software development and operational teams as and when required. The team are responsible to scope and develop efficiencies and improvements throughout their own processes and aid development in wider teams.
Main responsibilities include:
- The management and control of all defects within the in-house development environments.
- To own and chair daily defect calls with lead Development, Test and Operational Teams, and to provide clear minutes and actions.
- Definition, ownership and management of the Defect Process.
- Liaising with the Problem Management Team to ensure a clear and efficient interaction within overlapping processes, and to promote this with all customers.
- Ensuring all defects are entered correctly and controlled / managed as effectively as possible through their lifecycle.
- Maintaining absolute integrity of the defect database and ensuring a full audit trail for any changes made to defect status outside of the published defect process.
- Represent the regional position on defect status to both regional users and international staff on a regular basis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills at all levels within the company, plus good presentation skills.
- The ability to chair, own, and steer critical development meetings to achieve a satisfactory outcome.
- Good working knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrate experience of working in high pressure environments in previous roles.
- Ability to manage repeatable standard processes along with an ability to find, own and resolve ad-hoc issues.
- This role will require the candidate to be an excellent self starter and be proactive, and be able to provide previous evidence of these skills.
- The candidate must have the ability to adapt and learn from other team members, by additionally demonstrating an analytical and problem solving ability.
- Ability to forge strong relationships with internal customers, influencing and persuading where appropriate and resolving any conflicts which arise.
- Ability to explain technical processes and articulate knowledge of the Defect Management process to a wide audience.
- Good practical knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel
- Demonstrable progress chasing and tracking
- Time management and prioritisation skills
- A degree level qualification or equivalent experience
- Experience of Mercury Interactive Test Director/Quality Centre
- ITIL foundation
- ISEB/ISTQB foundation
A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Development Manager - Contract Centre
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Project Manager (End User Computing)
Operations Health & Safety Manager
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Project Manager - Data Collection
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire