As Database Manager you will be at the very forefront of a lot of changes at the company. This role will be responsible for owning, driving and developing the production of BAU data loads, storage, DR, reporting and outbound data, remodelling our values and behaviours and acting as an outward ambassador for the BI Team.
The Database Manager will need to be a dynamic thinker; someone who can not only manage but come up with ways to optimise and redesign the current database.
* Leadership - Lead the team to build strategic objectives and plan in line with BI roadmap.
* Delivery - Manage and assist in integration of new data sources into the data warehouse in a timely fashion to allow reporting and data storage.
* Development and Design - Make recommendations, champion and support major projects to update and develop data warehouse to improve performance, resilience and support future requirements.
* Stakeholder Engagement - Work closely with clients to gather business requirements, understand data sources and communicate project plans/ updates etc.
Why this company?
We are an agile and forward thinking business and the health and wellbeing of our people is at the forefront of what we do. We encourage our people to share ideas and take opportunities to progress through external courses and qualifications as well as on the job. We team this with a highly rewarding benefit structure:
* Competitive salary and bonus structure.
* Competitive pension scheme.
* Flexible working/Work from Home
* Life insurance.
* Cycle to Work.
* Retail Discounts.
* Competitive refer a friend scheme.
* Private Healthcare Insurance.
* Experienced in Stakeholder Management
* All aspects of MSSQL stack
* Database installation, configuration and maintenance
* Cloud Technologies: Microsoft Azure, SQL Query Analyser, Web Services, SQL Profiler, Bulk Copy Program (BCP
* Database architecture and design.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.