To own and develop database imports, process, stored procedures etc following requirements analysis to provide information and data out to the business whilst acting as an outward ambassador for the BI Team.
Recommend and continually improve approach to source data construction, database development, performance improvements and monitoring.
Contribute and apply best practice and expertise knowledge in all areas under remit of supporting the strategic roadmap for data warehouse future.
Deliver analysis and development of business requirements through the following:
- Support ETL architecture for overall data migration, data models, data mappings, business logic and data cleansing methods.
- Designing and scheduling complex SSIS Packages, PowerShell scripts for transferring data from multiple data sources to SQL Server.
- Data ingestion into the data warehouse
- Data validation, reconciliation and data quality measurement and improvements. Both in storage and report production
- Data backup and storage
- Development of new data integrations from additional and expanding data sources to blend data into current dataset for reporting
- Performance tuning of all stages of data life cycle: ingestion, storage and reporting using appropriate keys/tables/views/SQL/relationships etc
- Issue route cause analysis, ownership and solutions
- Testing and implementation of changes
- Providing support to other projects as required and working together with data and other teams
Recommend and develop improvements in data warehouse with view of industry best practice; this should include small enhancements through to larger system and strategic approach changes.
Scope and develop solutions for all aspects of data production, storage and maintenance to assist in delivery of a best-in-class solution for reporting within the business
Continually and proactively identify, develop, and plan improvements in the database processes
- All aspects of MSSQL stack: SSIS, SSRS, SSMS etc
- MSSQL/ MS SQL Azure
- Database developer
- Database architecture and design including pros and cons of relevant schemas/structure etc
- Database Installation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring, backups and recoveries
- Visual Studio
- Stakeholder management
- Cloud Technologies: Microsoft Azure
- SQL Query Analyser, Web Services, SQL Profiler, Bulk Copy Program
If interested, please drop your cv to email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.