Database Analyst - SQL Server / Oracle / Postgres - Bristol - Permanent
Are you a skilled professional with indepth database skills with a focus in either SQL-Server/ ORACLE / Postgres? If so please apply for a new Database Analyst permanent position for a leading developer of IT services based in Bristol.
Our client develops robust, real-world application solutions delivering services to a range of markets including government, defence, marine, environment and space. As a consequence you will also be exposed to stimulating new technologies within an environment that is as rewarding as it is challenging. As Database Analyst you will be contributing to a range of exciting new projects focused within our clients Enterprise Solutions and Defence Divisions.
Due to the sensitive nature of some projects you must be eligible to work in the UK and willing to undergo security clearances to a minimum of SC level.
The position will at times require travel to sites and customers across the UK so a flexibility in this regard is a must.
To be successful you must possess a majority of the following skill set:
- In depth understanding of at least one SQL-Server/ORACLE/Postgres
- Knowledge of other database (e.g. those above + MySQL, MongoDB, Amazon RDS)
- Extensive experience of designing and implementing enterprise databases
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and T-SQL or PL/SQL
- Experience of database performance tuning and sizing
- Proven experience of the software development lifecycle
- Experience of cloud architectures (AWS and Azure)
- Experience of multi-tier client-server architecture
- Experience in ETL (Extract, Transformation and Load), data warehousing and business intelligence or development languages (e.g. Java, C++, JS, Python, HTML)
- Excellent communication skills. Able to provide advice in a digestible form to both the company and its customers.
- Ability to estimate costs and implementation timescales associated with potential solutions
If you are interested in making an application please contact Patrick McNamara on (0117) 9087000 or send an up to date version of your CV in response to this advert.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.