|Job Title:||Data Support Engineer (Hadoop, CI/CD, Postgres, SC Clearable)|
|Contact Name:||Cassie Butcher|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Data Support Engineer (Hadoop, CI/CD, Postgres, SC Clearable) is urgently required by our Global IT Services Company for an initial 6 months rolling contract, to be based in Farnborough, Hampshire and then Bracknell after 3 months. (Call out based in Bracknell, Berkshire, one In every four weeks.)
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Must have come from a data background.
- Supporting and operating data processing applications and databases built in Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Spark, Hive, HBase, Kaftka, PostGres) and RDBMS database administration.
- Experience of monitoring big data platforms and databases
- Experience of supporting data solutions that have been delivered using CI/CD and customising CI/CD pipelines to deliver enhancements and CSI
- Experience of supporting applications that run on containerised platforms (build, deployment, configuration, orchestration, operation) and AWS
- Experience of data tools, analysing data issues and implementing bug fixes.
- Data Technology: Hadoop, Hbase, Hive, ZooKeeper, Kaftka, Postgres
- CI/CD - Jenkins (inc groovy) & Terraform
- Platform & Cloud: Docker/Kubernetes/Helm, AWS
- Database: postgres
- Ability to work on call as part of an out of hours team
- Has worked in a multivendor support model
A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered. This is an urgent requirement; please apply as soon as possible if you would like to be considered.
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world. Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
IT Support /Operation Engineer
Location: London, England
Data Warehouse Manager
Location: Theale, Berkshire
Data Anayst / Manager/ Data/Insight
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Business Support Specialist
Salary: £10.00 - £12.00 per hour
Business Support Specialist
Location: Londonderry, County Londonderry