A really exciting opportunity for a Data Scientist to join this young technology startup as they look to build out their ambitious analytics and intelligence platform, accelerate their growth, and establish their market lead. As they are doing that, they are growing their teams, including hiring a full cross-functional and remote software team.
We are looking for curious, kind, and self-directed people to play a personal part in the growth of a business at a pivotal stage in its life. Everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and bring their unique perspective.
We're looking for an experienced data scientist to accelerate their data analytics and intelligence capabilities. They ingest a huge amount of time-series data, and use a variety of data science and machine learning techniques to extract insight and value for their customers. You'll be working with the software team to identify opportunities and implement solutions for providing innovative functionality on their data analytics platform, as well as extracting, analysing, interpreting, and presenting data from their dataset to help product development, business intelligence, and sales projects.
We need a team-player, but as they're also still in startup mode, you'll need to be self-directed. In return, you'll have the opportunity to help build a platform that uses modern data, AI, and UX best practices to help their customers. As this is an early team hire, you'll be able to bring your knowledge of best practices, set up processes and culture, and have your contributions make immediate recognisable impact.
Experience of telecoms is not essential, and we're not precious about technology stack.
Below are some examples of projects you'll have the opportunity to tackle:
- A full-stack sophisticated analytics platform with high scale requirements
- Modelling physical hardware virtually to create virtual test-beds
- Implementing a process to build-measure-learn rapidly on customer UX
- Develop new visualisations and analytics for high-data density use-cases
- Experiment with new statistical/ML approaches to meeting customer needs
- Implementing a wide range of analytics for automatically extracting insight from their data feeds
- Collaborating with our business analysts and software engineers to design innovative solutions to the problems our clients face
- Designing algorithms and experiments to identify new opportunities for our product development
- Processing, cleaning, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Defining, tracking, and reporting on KPIs for a variety of use-cases
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Creating reports for telling compelling stories for our clients from their data
- Assess our data pipelines and processes and suggest and implement improvements and automations
- Ensure you stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and techniques, evaluating and implementing those that can help us continuously improve our data science
- Conduct research, develop prototypes, and proofs of concept
Broadly, you should have:
- Several years experience in data science or data analytics positions
- Strong Python & SQL experience
- A strong working knowledge of data science techniques and tools
- Experience working with time series data
- A passion for solving interesting problems in clever, efficient ways
- Experience visualising data and analysis
- Good applied statistics skills
- Experience of machine learning techniques is a plus, or a desire to learn more.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.