|Job Title:||Data Protection Associate - Admin - GDPR|
|Salary:||Benefits and Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Cordelia Du Plessis|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
- Data Protection Associate (Admin)
- Reading\Hybrid - Minimum of 3 days in the office
Scope of the role:
The scope of the role is mainly inbox monitoring, responding to customers who submitted a subject access request / rights erasure request etc.
Due to the company's regulations - the company does have to report data breaches to the ICO within 24 hours so there may be a requirement to work sometimes on weekends (against overtime payments) to support the team.
As part of the Data Protection team, the Data Protection Associate will provide support to facilitate the Company's compliance framework, including policies, processes, procedures and controls, in place to operate in line with its legal and regulatory obligations in relation to data protection.
Our strategy, and the evolving external landscape we operate in, determine the legal and regulatory environment that we are exposed to. That environment is broader and more complex than it used to be because of both internal and external factors; so, it's important we have a structured approach to ensuring we comply with everything we should and that we can demonstrate how we comply.
Everyone in The Company, including our partners, has an important role to play in managing risk and compliance. We also need some of our people to build expertise to help keep the business operating in compliance with laws and regulations; that's where you come in.
Responsibilities in the role:
In this role you'll do a variety of interesting and important things that are essential to The Company operating in a way that enables it to be compliant with relevant data protection laws and regulations.
- Assist the DPO and Deputy DPO in the development of appropriate policies and help influence key stakeholders to buy in to the policies, identifying and addressing gaps in compliance
- Conduct GDPR compliance reviews with the DPO / Deputy DPO.
- Oversee and manage the public facing customer communication inbox, tracking activity, escalating issues and overseeing the successful completion of associated tasks.
- Oversee the subject access request process and individual rights, supporting government liaison team in the effective and ongoing delivery of individuals rights.
- Support the DPO with the management of data breach prevention in the event of non-compliance.
- Ensure breaches are adequately controlled, escalated and addressed.
- Manage and oversee recording and mitigating any identified risk/non-compliance.
Collaborate with the wider Risk and Compliance Team supporting ongoing team activity and developing team knowledge on GDPR.
- Maintain a DP knowledge base on the intranet.
- Liaise with customers where necessary or required
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential; a people person skilled at building and maintaining relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong analytical and guidance/report writing skills - ability to perform detailed analysis and write clear concise reports and advisory briefs.
- Proven ability to implement change and manage processes.
- GDPR experience / knowledge would be advantageous
- A recognised data protection qualification.
- Proven track record in supporting a large-scale transformation in relation to data protection requirements
Should you be keen on the opportunity - please send your CV to:
Should you not hear back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Admin Specialist - Mandarin speaking/Chinese
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
SRN Data Reporting Analyst
Location: London, England
Data & Reporting Analyst - SQL - Mobile Telecoms
SQL Reporting Analyst - Telecom
SQL Reporting Analyst
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: bonus, pension