Data Modeller (Business Data) - this is a great opportunity to working for a leading Mobile Telecoms based in central Reading. My client are looking for an experienced business data modeller with either technical modelling in either UML or ER languages to sit with the business and capture data then work with IT and architects to build an appropriate model.
Business Data Modeller - this is a new position within the company, you will be working with the wider Data Team to help improve the quality of large quantities of data from multiple sources.
- Create and govern a centralised Business Data Glossary
- To model business data conceptually and independently of applications and physical limitations
- Work closely with IT to link the conceptual, logical, and physical models and create a truly interconnected understanding of the data
- Deliver data modelling and Metadata methodology and standards
- Support the data governance framework
Skills & Experience Required:
- Expert knowledge of Data Modelling in either UML or ER languages
- Experience leading or playing a significant role in an ambitious and successful data team
- Clear strategic understanding of the value that Business Data Modelling can provide
- Expert knowledge of data modelling and Metadata technologies and methods of storing reference data and definitions
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Experience in linking conceptual, logical, and physical models to provide a tangible value to the business
- Varied and detailed knowledge of one or more Data Management areas such as Data Quality, Data Migration, Document Management etc.
- Extensive Business Process Modelling experience
- Strong experience of working with, briefing and influencing senior members of leadership teams
If you are interested in this permanent opportunity and have the required data modelling experience, please submit your CV on line.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.