|Job Title:||Data Manager (Strategic Projects) - Permanent|
|Contact Name:||Rebecca Harris|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Data Manager (Strategic Projects) - Permanent
We are looking for a Data Manager to join our busy and dynamic DPD team. MBNL's mission is to create maximum value for our Shareholders by delivering and managing their best network experiences at the lowest cost. Therefore accuracy, availability and quality of data is critical to achieving this mission.
Working in our state-of-the-art offices, flexible working with collaborative digital systems, are just a few of the perks we offer to our employees, on top of a competitive salary and interesting work.
In this newly formed position, the Data Manager for strategic projects will play a crucial and high-profile role in driving the delivery of a greenfield Data Governance Framework in a fast-paced and dynamic telecoms environment where quality data has become a primary focus of the business and its shareholders.
- Own the MBNL approach to establishing formal Data Governance processes acrosin-scope projects
- Drive results on high profile strategic projects that require support in areas such as data migration, document/ contract management and data quality
- Manage and embed Data Quality projects/ initiatives that will deliver tangible data quality improvement through root cause analysis, data cleansing etc.
- Support the definition of a governance framework and chair or administrate appropriate forums
- Engage a network of business stakeholders and manage relations between them and the central Data Management team
- Develop education tools and documentation to support our stakeholders
- Support the delivery of the Data Management communications plan to help establish a cultural change in how data is perceived and managed at MBN
- Work collaboratively with MBNL, EE/BT, Three and the supplier eco system to establish and drive best Data Quality practice
- Experience embedding Data Governance processes and standards into existing and future strategic projects
- Experience leading or playing a significant role in an ambitious and successful data team
- Outstanding interpersonal skills so you are seen as credible, knowledgeable and a positive representative of the Data Management Team
- Experience of leading projects and good understanding of various project management techniques
- Experience in delivering data quality initiatives that have provided tangible efficiencies or business value
- Varied and detailed knowledge of one or more Data Management areas such as Data Quality, Data Migration, Document Management, Metadata Management etc
- Knowledge of the telecoms industry and the challenges it faces with regards to data
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of one or more Data Governance or Data Quality tools (e.g. Informatica, Erwin, Collibra, EDQ etc)
- Extensive knowledge of quality management systems, methodologies and principles.
- Strong quality/compliance knowledge of mobile or fixed network technologies
- Understanding of the network technology lifecycle
If this sounds like a role you can take hold of, and want to work in an Agile, dynamic yet challenging environment in the heart of Reading, we would love to hear from you!
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.