Data Manager / Data Governance Manager - Permanent - Governance - Strategic Projects - Berkshire - Mobile Telecoms
- To establish and embed formal Data Governance processes within our existing and future strategic projects
- To identify areas of opportunity with regards to data quality, and lead initiatives to resolve long-standing quality issues
- Provide expert consultative guidance in areas such as (but not limited to) data migration, document management and data quality
- To help build a robust data governance framework to drive a demonstrable improvement in data quality across all in-scope data
- To meet the customer experience, service and delivery requirements of company and shareholders.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities: (In priority order)
- Own the approach to establishing formal Data Governance processes across in-scope projects
- Drive results on high profile strategic projects that require support in areas such as data migration, document/ contract management and data quality
- Manage and embed Data Quality projects/ initiatives that will deliver tangible data quality improvement through root cause analysis, data cleansing etc.
- Support the definition of a governance framework and chair or administrate appropriate forums
- Engage a network of business stakeholders and manage relations between them and the central Data Management team
- Develop education tools and documentation to support our stakeholders
- Support the delivery of the Data Management communications plan to help establish a cultural change in how data is perceived and managed at the company
- Work collaboratively with company and shareholder and the supplier eco system to establish and drive best Data Quality practice
Key Challenges: (in priority order)
- Embedding industry standard Data Governance processes into existing strategic projects, and initiating new Data Quality initiatives in a fluctuating and pro-active organisation
- Impacting on the culture of the organisation to recognise data as an asset
- Supporting the migration of data from legacy sources (including EUCs) to strategic toolsets
- Bringing executive policies to life to ensure they are adopted and measurable across the business
- Building effective relationships across the Company, Shareholder and Supplier organisations that enable open and honest exchanges and foster trust and respect
- Balancing and delivering against the priorities and drivers of our two shareholders
Professional / technical (professional qualifications or equivalent; technical skills)
- Experience embedding Data Governance processes and standards into existing and future strategic projects
- Experience leading or playing a significant role in an ambitious and successful data team
- Outstanding interpersonal skills so you are seen as credible, knowledgeable and a positive representative of the Data Management Team
- Experience of leading projects and good understanding of various project management techniques
- Experience in delivering data quality initiatives that have provided tangible efficiencies or business value
- Varied and detailed knowledge of one or more Data Management areas such as Data Quality, Data Migration, Document Management, Metadata Management etc
nice to have:
- Knowledge of one or more Data Governance or Data Quality tools (e.g. Informatica, Erwin, Collibra, EDQ etc)
- Extensive knowledge of quality management systems, methodologies and principles.
- Strong quality/compliance knowledge of mobile or fixed network technologies
- Understanding of the network technology lifecycle
- Recognised Data Management qualification (e.g. DAMA)
Business / Context - internal company knowledge (policies; procedures; strategies); industry background; knowledge of external market
- Experience of motivating, monitoring and improving performance of internal and external stakeholders in roles such as Data Owner and Data Steward
- Strong experience of working with, briefing and influencing senior members of leadership teams.
- An ability to build positive relationships and an understanding of organisational politics.
- An ability to use these to socialise and influence stakeholders
- An understanding of the health of the organisation and a passion for employee engagement
nice to have:
- Knowledge of the telecoms industry and the challenges it faces with regards to data
- Experience of working in or with a Joint Venture organisation.
Any other comments:
- Travel within the UK may occasionally be required.
- Our Shareholders are based in Reading, London and Maidenhead. Our supplier ecosystem is located across the UK.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.