This is an exciting opportunity to work for a company with a fantastic office location and working environment who are currently undergoing a major business transformation, underpinned by significant investment in their technology.
The role is working for one of the worlds leading tailor-made travel businesses with operations in the UK and North America. Although like many industries travel faces much disruption, this company is uniquely positioned to continue it's steller track record of growth when travel once again returns.
What the role will be doing:
You will be responsible for creating and maintaining all data feeds that the Data Platform requires and that data sets are optimised, structured, partitioned, indexed and performant. This role will also have a high degree of ad hoc data requests to be filled for the business and troubleshooting of data issues.
- Working with the BI Developer to ensure that all data feeds are optimised and available at the required times. This can include Change Capture, Change Data Control and other "delta loading" approaches
- Performing ad hoc data requests for the business where quick turnaround time is required for insight and critical decision making. This could be using a variety of technologies and working across Azure, Salesforce and Google platforms
- Optimising and reviewing all ETL and database processes to ensure that the platform is running efficiently and cost effectively
- Assisting the wider team with data optimisation, indexing and partitioning tasks. This resource would also review other developer's SQL queries and interfaces to highlight performance issues and adherence to industry best practice
What we are looking for:
- Strong DBA and SQL coding experience
- Extensive experience developing using T-SQL, relational databases, SSIS, KingswaySoft and other ETL technologies
- Knowledge of SSRS, SSAS, Power BI, Power Query and DAX
- Working knowledge of REST APIs
- Desirable to have working knowledge of SalesForce data structures
- Experiencing using Cloud technologies and tooling for Azure and Google (GCP is less of a focus but you will need to be confident to participate in data migration and connectivity to this platform)
- Strong coding skills and ability to write and de-bug ad hoc queries using various tools. Python and understanding of Machine Learning is also a nice to have but an opportunity for future development
Competitive salary on offer and great benefits.
For finer details on the role please contact Amanda Cager - email@example.com - 07796 302988.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Lead Data Migration Architect (Contact Centre Data Migration)
BI Developer/Reporting Data Analyst - Power BI, Visualisation
Location: West London, London
Location: Remote, Global
Location: Remote, Global