Data Engineer Job Description
The Data Engineer will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, metadata management collection and publishing, as well as optimizing data flow and data collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Create and maintain metadata management and data quality collection processes, workflows and dashboards.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, identifying and suggesting infrastructure re-design for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues.
- Create data tools for analytics, data scientist and Operation team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets, for both batch and real-time data ingestion and/or processing.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience in development of best practice solutions for data movement and data governance at large scale.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- 5+ years of specific experience in a Data Engineer role in relevant IT organizations Data Warehousing and/or Big Data platform implementation and management.
- 12+ years in general experience the Information Technology field working mostly for relevant Independent Software Vendors, Enterprise Companies IT department, relevant IT Consulting Firms.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, Engineering or another quantitative field.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.