Data Architect - Contract - Berkshire.
Leading Telecommunications Company and much loved brand requires an experienced Big Data Architect to work on a contract basis. This company also offers a flexible working policy of remote and office based work.
The Data Architect is accountable for maintenance and execution of the technical roadmap, delivering technical capability enhancements to support evolving business need and efficient decommissioning of legacy tools. You will need to develop a solid understanding of the business objectives and target architecture and will be responsible for definition and prioritisation of roadmap work packages to optimise business outcomes and enhancement of the technology landscape.
You will work closely with strategic delivery partners, business stakeholders, programme delivery teams and the architecture community to drive the execution of the technical strategy.
The role will involve
- Working with Enterprise Architecture to create and socialise technical strategy and vision
- Business Partnering to support business case and idea shaping
- Scoping of work packages and change requests to deliver the technical roadmap
- Maintenance of Baseline Architecture documentation
- Working with Procurement and vendors to define, modify or optimise licence agreements
- Supporting Solution Architecture and delivery partners to drive efficient program deliveries
- Governance of Solution designs during the delivery lifecycle
- Rationalising operating costs for legacy technology aligned to technology change programme
Skills and experience required:
- Experience of Big Data such as Hadoop, Python or Kafka
- Experience of big data strategy, implementation and governance.
- Significant experience delivering strategies that meet business and technical objectives within a big data environment. Doesn't have to be telecoms as long as they are companies with high volume data so retail, utilities, finance etc
- Experience of working with multiple 3rd party suppliers/partners.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please can you send your CV through to Rohit.email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.