|Job Title:||Data & Information Governance Specialist|
|Contact Name:||Warren Moore|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Data & Information Governance Specialist
Our client's data strategy sets out to put data & analytics at the heart of the business and move the organisation towards a true data driven business. The focus is to introduce a new operating model focused on the concept of business interlock teams and governed self service capabilities.
Critical to the success of this strategy is having the right trusted data, available to the right people at the right time, in a compliant manner. As part of the new operating model we have therefore created a Big Data Management & Governance pillar to support the delivery of the analytical capability to the business.
Your role will be to:
- Work across the business to identify golden sources of master data, Critical Data Elements (CDEs) and associated ownership/accountability roles along with their definitions, lineage and controls
- Evolve a single source of the truth business glossary and data dictionary
- Be actively involved in data domain working groups with business stakeholders to understand key data challenges and requirements
- Provide hands-on input into key activities around data quality, master data & reference data utilising the tools that are available
- Manage data quality rules on behalf of business stakeholders in the context of data quality (build rules, work with Technical colleagues to encode tests, identify gaps in controls, maintain data quality store and communicate metrics)
- Contribute to improvements in data management tooling
- Manage data issues and requests being reported (triage, resolve, monitor and liaise with stakeholders)
- Work closely with the rest of the D&A team to assist with business requirements for change and new requests from a Data Culture perspective
- Create and maintain data policies, standards and controls
- Assist in the implementation of data governance frameworks, as well as the introduction of key data governance roles and responsibilities
- Work with the extended team to embed and implement these policies, standards, and controls
- Be actively involved in the implementation of data governance tooling including, cataloguing, lineage, quality, master data, metadata etc.
- Ensuring that data initiatives align with security, risk and compliance management
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Previous experience of leading system migration projects
- Excellent influencing and verbal communication skills
- Sound commercial understanding
- Excellent presentation skills
- Able to work in ambiguity
- Useful previous experience includes- Comms design, Solutions design, Planning, Commercial management roles
- Experience of working in agile would be advantageous
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Exposure to the concept of Ethical AI
- Ability to isolate issues and resolve problems logically
- Ability to adapt within a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and desire to work on multidisciplinary teams
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.