Great Position open for a Customer Support Engineer with strong Core Network experience and 5 years testing experience to come on-board and work for a market leading telecommunications company based in Reading. This will be an initial 6 month contract position with competitive rates on offer. The role may also include shift work.
- Overall/General knowledge of the Core Network (areas below).
- 5+ years of testing experience,
- Comms/Engineering focused, Potentially within a major telecommunications project environment.
- SDM (HLR/HSS/OneNDS/EIR/MNP) - knowledge of interface between the nodes and their functionality
- Demonstrable understanding of industry standards and associated test types.
- In depth knowledge of each of the nodes is NOT essential, but a good foundation on core networks, versatility and willingness to learn
- Proven ability to multitask, work toward, and achieve concurrent project goals and thrive within pressured working situations; potentially with only minimal direct supervision, but always within a team environment.
- A strong understanding of the critically of customer relationships, delivery focus.
- A genuine, honest team-player, keen to succeed and make a difference within a complex, challenging and ground-breaking programme of work. Experience in HP ALM, Wireshark, (how to apply filters in wireshark and collect the necessary logs), Comfortable in analyzing PCAP files, Dump files etc.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.