NATO CSU Engineer (Comms)
Location: Mons, Belgium
Rate: Up to £370 per day (Outside IR35)
Clearance required: Minimum UK SC
Under the direction of the Section Head Project Management, Plans and Requirements, the incumbent will perform duties such as the following:
- Provide technical direction and engineering guidance to ensure timely deliver y of service to customers;
- Investigate, define and resolve complex issues that impede agreed performance of services and processes;
- Advise on and lead the development of performance standards, methods and tools;
- Analyse plans, designs, and requirements for associated risks, advises on solutions and mitigations;
- Design and plan implementations against time, cost, Client and quality targets ensuring efficient and effective use of resources;
- Ensure the establishment and the maintenance of Operational Level Agreements (OLA), directives, instructions or other applicable documents. Assure coherence with other NCI Agency elements in support of SLAs and Service Management processes;
- Initiate technical, cost and Client assessments for existing and emerging requirements;
- Engage with Service Lines, CSU elements and enablers for planning and prioritisation;
- Plan and manage assigned local projects. Advise on technical aspects of service provision and delivery. Ensure CSU project management activities and teams perform in accordance with Agency directives and processes. Engage with external stakeholders when required;
- Stay abreast of developments in ITIL and Project Management methodologies and tools, and technology developments relevant to the CSU's area of work. Support the development and implementation of Agency Service Management directives and processes applicable to the CSU;
- Manage development of IT Service Continuity Management (ITSCM), Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans;
- Validate resource requirements formulated by the CSU, correlate them to short and long term NCI Agency strategy, and coordinate the preparation of financial planning documents and their defence;
- Advise on technical possibilities within the NCI Agency service portfolio, ensuring that the requirements are understood, captured, exploited and coordinated with the Service Lines to support the expected customer outcomes;
- Provide technical, managerial and policy advice to the Branch Head;
- Assigned role as Service Delivery Manager for non-standard local services. Manage full lifecycle of the local services;
- Advise requestors on formulating, completing and correcting Service Requirement demands before submission to the Agency.
Essential Experience and Education
A University degree in a relevant discipline and 2 years of specific experience, or 8 years of appropriate qualifications and experience;
- Plans and schedules own work with limited supervision and mostly by applying personal initiative;
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with good communication skills.
Desirable Experience and Education:
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements.
- Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organisation, including ACO and ACT.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Senior Software Engineer
Location: Remote, Global
1st Line Network Support Engineer
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Security Cleared DevOps Consultant/DevOps Design Engineer
Location: London, England
Redhat Engineer - Ansible - Security Cleared, Basingstoke
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Infrastructure Design Engineer - Security Cleared - VMWare
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire