We are partnering with a leading blockchain organisation called NEM Group.
As a Cryptographic Engineer, you will work with a team of distributed systems experts and protocol engineers to implement new cutting-edge cryptography in enterprise-grade, public blockchain protocols. You will help design and develop new technologies that improve the privacy, security and resiliency of our products, and interpret and implement solutions based on cutting edge academic research.
At NEM Software, we build real-world applications that help realize the promise of blockchain. We are a multicultural startup of dreamers, designers and developers that create disruptive technologies that enables our customers to accelerate their digital transformation. We move fast, fail fast, and dream big.
NEM Software is not for everyone. We work in a fast-paced environment that requires constant collaboration; we keep bureaucracy to a minimum, and hold ourselves accountable in our mission. We move as a one team; we underpromise, and over deliver. We're customer obsessed, and pride ourselves on our transparency and consistency. If that sounds like your kind of environment...welcome to the team
- Design and develop the next generation of features for Symbol and NEM by implementing the latest cryptographic protocols such as: zk-STARKs, zk-SNARKs, bulletproofs, and more.
- Implement new cryptographic primitives and cutting edge algorithms to enable new feature sets within NEM and Symbol.
- Participate in the design and development of NEM and Symbol protocol-level code, with a focus on security and reliability.
- Provide feedback on overall design decisions and participate in technical code reviews.
- Write high-quality, well-tested, secure code that ships to customers.
- Coach and mentor engineers; help calibrate and develop a love of cryptography within the organization.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent communication skills - both written, and oral.
- BS in Computer Science, Cryptography, Mathematics, or equivalent working experience.
- 2+ years of experience with public blockchain technology.
- 5+ years of experience as a software development engineer working in production-grade environments.
- Have development experience with at least one strongly typed language (C, Rust, Go).
- A deep understanding of zero-knowledge proofs, zk-STARKs, zk-SNARKs, bulletproofs, elliptic curve cryptography and prominent signature schemes.
- A deep familiarity with distributed systems and P2P networking protocols like Tor and I2P.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.