Core Network Architect - Data Control (OCS/VAS/CS&PS Core/IMS)
- Leading Mobile Telecoms organisation are looking for a talented architect to join the team of designers responsible for design and delivery of our VAS products.
- As technical design owner you will be a subject matter expert across a number of technical domains and play a key role in developing other team members by sharing your experience and knowledge through on-going coaching and mentoring.
- As well as the technical responsibilities the architects operate cross-functionally managing a diverse range of business stakeholders within the CTO organisation and beyond to ensure delivery of outstanding products and network experience for the brand.
- Reporting to the Principal Technical Design Authority for Data Control you will be working in a small team responsible for the design and delivery of VAS and charging broker solutions. Your role as architect will involve consulting, leading, and supporting other team members in the design and delivery of a diverse range of services.
- As architect you have the opportunity to work with a diverse range of stakeholders right across the business and beyond including: Marketing, Finance, Customer Relations, Security, Wholesale, Strategy and Business Operations, and our vendor community.
- You will play a key role in the technical and commercial management of our external vendor partners, ensuring vendor performance and quality through regular supplier reviews.
- Your role will be to lead initial project consultancy and requirements capture, promote best practice in design, new product delivery and drive enhancement of our existing services within your area of expertise. You will also define the technical roadmap and architectural strategy in partnership with the Network Strategy team and work with our key vendors to influence their product roadmap in order to support our business goals of delivering outstanding products and services.
- As well as being technically adept, you'll be a great communicator with a good level of financial and commercial awareness who is able to draw upon your wide experience of successful deliveries applying your skills and experience to make it right for our customers and business stakeholders. Bringing experience of the commercial, financial, organisational and legal aspects of service operation you will use these insights to inform and support your technical decisions for both new project appraisals and in-life products.
- We value innovation and creativity as being the best requires more than just following others. With a combination of critical thinking, creative problem solving, and the unique insight you bring to the role your fresh thinking will help us live our values and make it right through your technical leadership and collaborative working across the team.
What does the role involve:
- Acting as a subject matter expert with extensive experience in the design and delivery of VAS and charging broker solutions in both mobile circuit-switched and IMS networks
- Production and supervision of high level and low level design documentation, and facilitation of design reviews with other team members and external vendors.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring others through delivery of formal knowledge sharing and training sessions, and informal coaching.
- Responsible for providing design support to business operations to assist in fault resolution and escalation
- Providing technical consultancy to other business areas to support the creation of new concepts.
- Being accountable for system performance review and capacity demand forecasts across domains
- Leading technical delivery, supporting other team members, business operations and our test teams as you bring your projects through design, delivery, test and integration.
- In exceptional circumstances as a subject matter expert you may be expected to assist in providing out of hours support for critical business incidents
The type of person we are looking for
- A passion for design, innovation and continuous improvement
- Demonstrable ability in critical thinking and problem analysis skills combined with a creative approach to system design.
- Great stakeholder management and influencing skills to drive our technology business goals and challenge us to do better.
- Be a great communicator, able to express complex technical concepts in a way that can be easily understood by the intended audience.
- Competent in scripted languages such as: Python, Perl, Shell
- Experience in web-layer programming concepts
- Technical vendor management
- Expert level knowledge across VAS domains
- An expert trouble-shooter capable of taking lead on operational support and test issues.
- Expert level understanding of the relevant 3GPP and open standards such as: SS7, SIP, SMPP, Diameter, SQL, LDAP, SOAP
Nice to have:
- Experience of design & deployment of virtualised telco applications in a cloud environment: Openstack, EC2, Azure, Heroku
- Developer experience in an agile/TDD environment
- Wider knowledge of mobile/IMS core systems, and service layer VAS
- Knowledge of IP networking design and configuration of VPNs, Firewalls, and cloud networks.
- *nix admin abilities in deployment, management & upgrade
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Fred.Cope@Projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.