Core Engineer - Blockchain Protocols - Permanent - Remote Working
(Blockchain background is essential in order to be considered)
As a Protocol Engineer, you will be responsible for the core engineering of our open-source blockchain protocols. You will help research and develop new technologies that extend and enhance our blockchain protocols, as well as interpret and implement solutions based on cutting edge academic research.
We build real-world applications that help realize the promise of blockchain. We are a multicultural startup of dreamers, designers and developers that create disruptive technologies that enables our customers to accelerate their digital transformation. We move fast, fail fast, and dream big.
We work in a fast-paced environment that requires constant collaboration; we keep bureaucracy to a minimum, and hold ourselves accountable in our mission. We move as a one team; we underpromise, and over deliver. We're customer obsessed, and pride ourselves on our transparency and consistency. If that sounds like your kind of environment...welcome to the team
Requirements & Qualifications
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent communication skills - both written, and oral.
- A strong academic or engineering background.
- A deep understanding of OOD/OOP distributed systems; designing and developing large scale, high availability software.
- A deep understanding of encryption and key exchange mechanisms, including secure multi-party computing (MPC).
- Have development experience with at least one low level, strongly typed language (Java, C/C++).
- Have development experience with at least one modern programming language (Rust, Go).
- Strong familiarity with zero-knowledge proofs and other ZK-technology.
- A passion for blockchain technology, privacy-preserving technology, and decentralization.
- Research and design new core functionality , including (but not limited to) technologies that preserve privacy and increase efficiency.
- Combine crypto economics and traditional technologies to create a sustainable, fault-tolerant system.
- Architect and optimize existing blockchain data structures to ensure highly performant, light-weight systems.
- Provide feedback on overall design decisions and participate in technical code reviews.
- Build incentivized, distributed systems.
- Engage in an open development environment.
- Drive research conversations between community contributors and core NEM Software employees to advance and innovate in the space.
Candidate must have prior blockchain-related experience in an open source project such as Ethereum and is familiar with the requirements of open-source development.
- Candidate must be intimately familiar with one of these three technologies: ZK-technologies, Lelantus, MimbleWimble.
- Ideal candidate has a strong mathematical background.
- Candidate should ideally have experience with networking stacks such as libp2p / devp2p.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Cork City, Cork
Performance testing Engineer - Contract- Remote
Location: Hampshire, England
Business Development Associate
Location: Swords, Dublin
Oracle Projects/Functional Consultant
Senior Java Developer
Location: Dublin City Centre, Dublin