Location: Bracknell- there will be travelling to different sites involved
Type of role: permanent
Start date: ASAP
Our client, a Global IT Services company, are looking for an enthusiastic Health and Safety Supervisor to work with them in delivering a vision for H&S management, as well as offering ideal opportunity for those who would like to develop further in this area.
The client can offer to pay for further qualifications as well as progression internally. Role is mainly working in office buildings, data centres, warehouses doing various different H&S activities. As part of this role you will be working along other colleagues within UK&I.
- Monitoring of status of H&S Legislative compliance on the assigned sites;
- Provision of advice on and reactive support with all operational H&S issues;
- Carrying out scheduled H&S Audits/Inspections and assisting with the follow up actions;
- Assisting sites with carrying out risk assessments and assisting with the follow up actions;
- Monitoring of and assisting with accident/incident/hazards reporting and investigation;
- Provision of guidance to sites with regards to Emergency arrangements;
- Participation in supplier reviews and contractor management;
- Liaising with workers across all levels of organization;
- Liaise with Statutory Authorities such as HSE, etc., Auditors or Clients' representatives;
- Managing H&S related ad-hoc projects;
- Developing of H&S procedures and policies;
- Other H&S related responsibilities may be assigned, as required.
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent;
- A good working knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation;
- Experience in management of H&S within corporate environment;
- Previous experience in management of H&S in multiple sites desirable;
- Competent Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet);
- Valid driving license.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.