Contract or Permanent
About The Company
My client, based in the Oxfordshire area, are a leading Leisure & Tourism company who focus on creating boutique and bespoke travel packages for their customers who want to explore and travel the world in their own unique way. They are looking for a Content Manager to join their dynamic and agile Digital & Marketing Team to manage their Content & Production Team taking global ownership over all online and offline marketing content.
About The Role
This role centres on ensuring that their key marketing assets - including the quarterly magazine, brochures and the website - are delivered or updated to deadline and to meet collective business needs. At the same time, you'll be looking for ways to streamline processes and drive efficiencies. Within the production arm of the team, the role also has overall responsibility for exhibition stand design, as well as the production of printed collateral and branded items.
Reporting into the UK Head of Marketing, you will have overall responsibility for delivering their marketing content and the production of marketing and branded materials, with a global reach ensuring that all schedules remain on track across the Content and Production teams. You will also be managing your direct reports in delivering thorough planning and scheduling looking for ways to find efficiencies by reviewing processes and resource allocation, driving changes through with the buy-in of your team.
- Line management of the Content team leader, who in turn manages the team of Content writers. Providing regular support via 1-to-1s and team meetings, training and development sessions, and other initiatives deemed appropriate.
- Line management of the Marketing production manager, who in turn manages the Production team. Providing regular support, as per above.
- Line management of the Content editor, who manages the content delivery of new destination launches and handles careers marketing schedule. Providing regular support, as per above.
- Creating a test framework to assess the impact of different content formats and types on revenue performance across the business, and optimising accordingly.
- Monitoring performance of our outputs through testing and auditing, and cost tracking to ensure we remain within budgets. Communicating test performance, along with recommendations for change, where needed, to the UK Head of Marketing.
- Communicating any new initiatives we're trialling, and any updates to schedules, to key stakeholders in the business, such as Heads of Product and Heads of Programme, to gain buy-in and maintain their confidence in the service the team provides.
- Working closely with the Marketing team in the USA, to fulfil the Content & production team's global role and delivering content that is aligned to all our markets, within the framework of the brand.
- Regularly consulting with their permanent Content manager, as they undertake a temporary 80% role shift into working on the company's transformation projects, on team direction such as process change, resourcing considerations, and new initiatives and best practice. The permanent Content manager will continue to dedicate 20% of their time to content and production, leading on strategy, brand and tone of voice.
About The Person
Skills & Experience Required:
- A proven manager with experience of heading up a sizeable team within a content, marketing or production function. Preferably, you'll have experience of managing people who are managers.
- Oversee numerous areas of responsibility and pick through the detail, but with the ability to keep clear sight of the bigger picture and lead the team in the right direction.
- Demonstrate that you can deliver key projects to deadline and that you're well versed in planning, scheduling and resourcing such projects.
- Conversant with interpreting brands and able to translate this into understanding what makes high-quality content.
- The workload will be varied and moveable, and a flexible attitude is very important.
- Experience in planning, resourcing and managing production schedules for marketing deliverables.
- A self-starter who can think on their feet, problem solve and work to tight deadlines.
- Great communication skills and the confidence to liaise colleagues at all levels of the business.
- Excellent written English, spelling and grammar.
- Very high levels of attention to detail.
- Competency in Microsoft Office.
If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply and I will aim to get back with 48 hours. Alternatively, you can contact me directly on email@example.com.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.