|Job Title:||Consumer Director - Maternity Cover - Automobile Industry|
|Start Date:||Jan - May 2021|
|Contact Name:||Sara Rowe|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
Consumer Director - B2C - Maternity Cover - Automotive Industry - 5 months - Berkshire
The consumer division has been through significant transformation in the last few months, culminating in a relaunch in October. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving through and embedding the transformation over a 5-month period to ensuring that the consumer is at the heart of all business decisions.
This position is responsible for all communication and marketing of the brand including adoption of global marketing campaigns, specific sales campaigns to drive retail demand across all business units, experiential marketing, partnerships and PR as well as ensuring that all Retailer marketing work is consistent with the needs of the brand.
Working closely with the Operations Director, this role owns of all aspects of the consumer journey from awareness, consideration through to ownership and retention. The Consumer Director will manage all aspects of CRM and customer retention and engagement as well as taking a leading role in bringing to life the Volvo consumer journey across all appropriate touch points. Providing a consumer led approach to all work is critical and designing all work with a consumer first mindset will be critical to success.
The Consumer Director is part of the UK Leadership team working closely with the Operations Director and Managing Director in order to achieve the company's objectives within the UK market. The Consumer Director will also work closely with the EMEA Head's of Consumer Experience and Communication and Marketing to ensure a consistent approach is taken to all work. The Consumer Director will also liaise with the Head of Global Brand Management in order to help deliver truly global campaigns.
- Lead the agreed transformation plan for the consumer team
- Drive the key agreed workstreams
- Maintain and develop relationships with the central & EMEA team
- Support the development of the senior team
- Represent consumer in management meetings
- Support any final recruitment
- Manage any consumer Executive Management Team comms
- Represent the consumer division at retailer events
- Strong business judgement; strategic and analytical capabilities
- Comfortable navigating in a complex, matrixed organization to recommend and influence decision-making at all levels within an organization.
- Service mentality with an ability to turn recommendations in the action with a strong buy-in from market and regional organisations.
- Passion for excellence.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Significant experience from Brand Management, Product Marketing, Marketing strategy or similar role with a strong focus on Product.
- Recent experience directly managing high-performing teams.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.