|Job Title:||Construction Manager / Telecoms|
|Contact Name:||Caroline Kennedy|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER / TELECOMS
6 Month Contract
We are looking for an experienced Construction Manager who will lead and coordinate Delivery requirements with respect to construction activities and support Commercial and Technical topics relating to Network Rollout (NRO) of Radio Products, achieving Build Completion.
The Construction Manager will be involved in planning and management of the construction services needed to secure an efficient delivery process and a timely customer acceptance supporting the Customer Delivery Lead as the need arises via a team of Construction Delivery leads who will be guided and directed by you. You must therefore have good people management skills motivating the team to deliver against targets.
The Construction Manager will ensure work is executed as per the project requirements and will act as a point of contact for construction activities towards the Customer Delivery Organisation, Third Parties and internal Partners.
The role is primarily to provide Vendor Swap services relating to the Construction of solutions but may also include In Building, Infrastructure and Antenna line solutions where required. This role is suited to candidates with a proficient background in NRO RAN swap projects with experience and awareness of acquisition of cell sites, cell site design or construction management.
Suitable candidates must have expert knowledge of construction processes, policies and legislation and have worked at a strategy level in the delivery of ADC services.
Responsibilities of the Construction Manager also include:
- Accountable for Construction service delivery for the deployment of our equipment from site instruction through to site build acceptance. Organise and coordinate the rollout of sites, ensuring that they are delivered in line with the contractual requirements. Manage our Third parties to deliver sites through a controlled program of works ensuring that all implementation works are undertaken to budget and within SLA.
- Ensure Delivery critical metric measurements are in place and continually reported on. Act on relevant metrics by investigating and implementing corrective actions, participate in Customer Delivery meetings and issue associated reports.
- Actively handle issues or dependencies throughout the delivery cycle that may impact the commencement or acceptance of a site deployment Ensure site deployments align with all Health & Safety, CDM, ICNIRP and any other legislative requirements applicable to on site work (and any changes to these requirements)
- Ensure planning information is maintained in the project tools and that all documentation is handled in a structured manner and uploaded to the required repositories. Support New Product Introductions and ensure they are transferred effectively into the Delivery process. This is to include acting as a Delivery Subject Matter Specialist towards FOA's, Trials or Proof of Concepts.
- Assessment of Customer Change Requests (CR's) Promote use of our Global methods and technology solutions to maximise delivery efficiency.
- Support to new contract or Request for Proposal activities as and when required.
The successful Construction Manager will have:
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in leading and running ADC services within a NRO Swap project environment.
- Planning and organisation skills for large projects.
- Experience in handling third party suppliers in the delivery of ADC or DICI rollout services.
- Commercial awareness and experience of delivering to budgets.
- Excellent leading and supervising skills combined with a results-oriented demeanour.
- Effective communication and facilitation skills.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations.
- Flexible with the ability to lead change and resolve ambiguity
- Experience in resolving challenges with perseverance to overcome multiple obstacles.
- Prepared to travel throughout the UK to customer offices.
- Radio Product knowledge
- Knowledge/Experience of local authority planning in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, and also site acquisition experience gained in a utilities or telecom environment.
- Knowledge/Experience of Civils, Towers, Antenna Line Systems (from BTS to antenna) including testing
- Excellent IT skills e.g. MS Office and workflow concepts
To apply for the Construction Manager please send your CV to email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.