CONFIGURATION MANAGER - CONTRACT -INSIDE IR35
Leading Managed Services Provider in the Defence Sector is looking to hire a Subject Matter Expert on Configuration Management to support the Project. Experience Person who is currently in a Configuration Management Role or has been in the recent Past
Rate: Inside IR35
Duration: 6 Months contract.
The Configuration Manager will have the ability and authority to ensure daily end-to-end delivery of Configuration Management services in accordance with the Configuration Management Plan across all engineering platforms - Development, Test, Performance, Staging and Production (inclusive of hardware, operating system, security and applications).
The manager will:
- Develop/Own the configuration management strategy
- Build a configuration management plan based upon the strategy and in timelines aligned to major programmes
- Establish a clear set configuration management policies/processes, track compliance and resolve / escalating any compliance issues
- Encode the agreed processes within the configuration management tool
- Establish the stable configuration baseline and version control processes so that the baseline can be re-established automatically in the event of a configuration error
- Adopt CI/CD techniques to automate deployment of code changes
- Manage the day to day activities of the process, including establishing priorities and work assignments
- Facilitate Configuration Management audits
- Reviews critical incident outage resolution results and responses and dispositions of failed changes due to CMS related issues
- Educate and mentor Engineering teams to encourage configuration management efforts
- Review and approves all changes to the CMS infrastructure/software where applicable
- Chair the Configuration Control Board (CCB) and enacts changes as directed
- Provides and approves all requirements, use cases, user stories, etc. in support of new or improving functionality of the CMS
- Reviews and approves all requests for administrator log on credentials / access rights to the CMS infrastructure
- Reviews and publishes configuration management reporting.
Please apply via this ad in the first instance or send a CV with covering note or contact me on 07587743762 or Balla@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Warrington, Cheshire
Salary: Up to £10.20 per hour
Configuration Manager/Configuration Lead/Consultant
Location: Hampshire, England
Project Manager (ServiceNow/SNOW)
IT Programme Manager
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland