|Job Title:||Compliance Lead - Consumer Credit|
|Contact Name:||Warren Moore|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
Compliance Lead - Consumer Credit
Reporting to the Head of Compliance - Financial Services, the Compliance Lead - Consumer Credit will provide specialist, practical, regulatory guidance and support to ensure that our client has the right policies, processes, procedures and controls in place to operate in line with its legal and regulatory obligations under the FCA regime.
Roles & Responsibilities
The role will:
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in the Legal team and the wider business to ensure that financial services related legal and regulatory changes are effectively identified and implemented - in particular, those that relate to existing and future consumer credit products.
- Review / provide guidance on the development of compliance related policies, procedures, processes and controls to facilitate compliance with applicable financial services laws and regulations.
- Be a business partner for certain directorates and act as a single point of contact for compliance related enquiries. Work closely with the wider Risk & Compliance team to provide holistic support to the business.
- Facilitate the identification, investigation management and resolution of FCA compliance related issues.
- Prepare relevant compliance reporting to meet both internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Engage with 1st / front line operational business teams to drive compliance awareness and improvements, as well as good outcomes for our customers.
- Subject matter expert in financial services compliance and regulation with significant compliance experience in financial services.
- Knowledge of, and ability to analyse, understand and apply, financial services regulation (including conduct risk) and FCA handbooks - e.g. Consumer Credit Act, CONC.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential; a people person skilled at building and maintaining relationships both internally and externally.
- Proficient user of MS Office 365 applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Planner and Teams).
- Work well under pressure, be flexible and comfortable with ambiguity and manage several tasks at the same time working to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently to plan, organise and prioritise activities to efficiently meet business objectives.
- Degree qualified (preferably accounting or legal) and/or recognised compliance qualification.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.