I am recruiting for a Compliance and Governance Counsel for a leading telecoms company in Berkshire. Reporting to the Head of Legal you will be accountable for developing a strong culture of compliance and governance within the business and advising on all key aspects of legal and regulatory compliance.
As the Compliance and Governance Counsel you will hold overall responsibility for compliance with competition law under joint venture protocols. You will implement robust and effective controls to ensure that information sharing occurs in a manner that is consistent with competition law requirements. You will ensure those controls are regularly reviewed and monitored to maintain effectiveness and fitness for purpose. You will raise awareness of the information sharing requirements with all relevant business teams providing advice and support where necessary. You will hold accountability for all key compliance/ projects and deliver all relevant training to the business working closely with the Assurance, Safety and Risk team.
We are looking for experience of;
- An in-house background with experience of law, data law or privacy law.
- The ability to drive compliance and governance in a positive way to influence behavioural change.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to influence and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- A collaborative team player with excellent organisational skills who engages with colleagues in a proactive way.
- Proven track record of delivering compliance change in a busy commercial environment.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.