|Job Title:||Commercial Manager|
|Contact Name:||Caroline Kennedy|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
We are looking for a Commercial Manager to join our Commercial department with a focus on supplier relationship management
You'll be supporting operations with commercial contract management of some large, and complex in-life contracts, as well as working with vendors to ensure best value and service to our shareholders
We're all working remotely at the moment but hybrid working (Home and Office) will continue to be the norm moving forward, and the pace of work in mobile telecoms hasn't slowed, so you'll be self-driven and able to work with minimum management supervision within a dynamic and challenging environment.
The Commercial Manager will be responsible for the management and supplier relationship for a specified portfolio of suppliers. Within this role you will provide commercial support to our business and project teams to:
- Ensure budgetary compliance
- Negotiate pricing and identify savings opportunities
- Manage existing agreements with suppliers
- Negotiate new framework agreements with key suppliers
- Minimise commercial risks.
On a day to day basis you can expect to
- Be responsible for all elements of the Commercial framework associated to the Supplier Base for which you manage. This includes increasing the maturity and evolution of the Supplier Strategy, Supplier Selection, Contracting, Onboarding, In-Life and Exit Management core elements of the framework
- Responsible for ensuring all commercial activity is governed by Commercial Policy and processes
- Provision of all commercial deliverables, as necessary e.g. negotiation plan, contract risk analysis, benefits analysis and contract creation and closure
- Lead tender activities using established commercial processes ensuring the strategic requirements of us and its shareholders are met
- Draft, negotiate and award supplier contracts with support from Legal, in accordance with our Commercial process, governance and Corporate Delegation of Authority.
- Manage resolution of contractual disputes up to Director level
- Ensure contractual governance / approval mechanisms are applied and support governance meetings in line with the contract to ensure actions delivered upon
- Work with relevant business areas to track performance of suppliers against the contract on key contractual KPIs, working with and ensuring that the suppliers are delivering on all fronts
- Work with relevant stakeholders to engage with supplier contacts, ensuring agreed performance and pricing are maintained and new costs are agreed under contract as required
- Influence key shareholder stakeholders. Attend Commercial Committee, where required, to present recommendations to both shareholders.
- Actively support the commercial audit process.
What we are looking for:
- Strong commercial and procurement experience within the Telecoms or Engineering Services Category.
- Significant Supplier Relationship Management experience, and demonstrable stakeholder management expertise.
- Excellent communicator at all levels in an organisation across a variety of disciplines (legal, technical, finance and procurement)
- Good understanding of contract law and contract management experience.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) or another relevant professional qualification
To apply for the Commercial Manager please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Reporting & Information Manager
Location: South East England, England
I.T Project Manager (Oracle)
Location: Swords, Dublin