Code Debugger - C, C++ - Manchester - Permanent
The role holder is responsible for analysing software code and supporting complex software and solutions/
The successful applicant will join a team of experienced professionals working together to in a number of areas including C, C++ and some Java
You will be involved in development of new features, enhancements to existing functionality, defect investigation/resolution and design documentation.
An eye for detail and focus on quality is required, using a test driven approach incorporating unit and integration testing of code.
- Software debugging of code (C and C++), maintenance and delivery of software to agreed schedule, cost effort and compliance with the defined development process
- Write efficient code with accompanying unit and integration tests
- Documentation of software development, ensuring documentation is provided in the Customer documentation regarding any changes or new functionality that are made
- C and C++ Programming
- Linux experience (preferably Red hat)
- Knowledge of Networking, in particular TCP/IP protocols.
- .NET (VB and/or C#)
- REST/JSON APIs
- Unit testing
- Review code for conformance to coding guidelines
- Ability to re-design or re-factor code
- Show an awareness and understanding of software design, development and lifecycles
- Involved in the peer reviewing of designs
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.